NYRaider

What would you do with Carr?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Carr?

• Ask him to play out the final year
    • Trade him
    • Extend him

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Still doesn’t allow much wiggle room for misses in FA and the Draft. You would need to hit every draft pick and every FA signing, which has a super low odds of happening. 

Carr accounted for 12% of our cap in 2019 and we spent a ton of money in free agency and had 3 first round picks that offseason, lol.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Unfortunately outside of Tom Brady, most players care way more about maximizing money than winning a ring. 

That’s why you just keep taking shots in the draft. 

You act like there should be a QB in the draft who’s guaranteed for success to even explore the option. And you are extremely risk-adverse in general. You take one every few years until you hit. Sometimes in the 1st Round, sometimes 2nd/3rd. Most of them will fail, but the payoff has a ridiculously high chance at a Super Bowl Championship. 

So far, giving top dollar to QB’s has not worked out for anyone what so ever. Rams you can argue, but no one has ever went “All In” for a two year window like they have before, which is basically the biggest risk of them all. 

Brady also has the benefit of having a rich wife

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The NFL landscape is changing too, teams are way more willing to move on from a QB than they were in the past. I think the only two QB's that have been with their current team longer than Derek Carr are Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan.

Which is how it should be….. teams are learning these high contracts don’t you back to a Super Bowl. That is why all these contracts now have “outs” the final few years of the deal. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You would need perfection though if Carr takes 38M. Our non existent close to 0 hit rate would need to be like 95%

Not really, Carr at 38 would be the equivalent of Carr plus Littleton, which we got nothing from. The cap is also going up. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Which is how it should be….. teams are learning these high contracts don’t you back to a Super Bowl. That is why all these contracts now have “outs” the final few years of the deal. 

Coaches and executives also see that if you don't have a good starting QB you're likely going to get canned after 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Brady also has the benefit of having a rich wife

He was taking discounts long before Giselle. Tom Brady is obsessed with football and obsessed with winning. Money is a secondary priority. All that guy does is watch film in his off time. While you got Carr playing massive amounts of video games and constantly making tours and speaking at religious functions. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He was taking discounts long before Giselle. Tom Brady is obsessed with football and obsessed with winning. Money is a secondary priority. All that guy does is watch film in his off time. While you got Carr playing massive amounts of video games and constantly making tours and speaking at religious functions. 

Bad point. Tom Brady did all sorts of extracurricular stuff. The man was in Ugg commercials for gods sake. 

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Absolute clown car some of the excuses you make to bash Carr. 

Absolute clown show of you to think this guy is going to lead us anywhere. It definitely is an emotional attachment and has ZERO to do with what he has shown on the field. That’s the problem with fans is developing an attachment to a player. I don’t get attached because I want to win so bad. I’m a Raiders fan, not a fan of any one player. I have a feeling a few on this board would jump to whatever team Carr goes too. 

I swear some of you act like Carr is a Top 10 QB. No Non Raider in their right possible mind thinks Carr is a Top 10 QB. He has never shown a god damn thing to suggest he is a Top 10 QB. Some of you are just delusional. He has been in that 13-17 range the majority of his career. 

Edited by BayRaider

Absolute clown show of you to think this guy is going to lead us anywhere. It definitely is an emotional attachment and has ZERO to do with what he has shown on the field. That’s the problem with fans is developing an attachment to a player. I don’t get attached because I want to win so bad. I’m a Raiders fan, not a fan of any one player. I have a feeling a few on this board would jump to whatever team Carr goes too. 

I swear some of you act like Carr is a Top 10 QB. No Non Raider in their right possible mind thinks Carr is a Top 10 QB. He has never shown a god damn thing to suggest he is a Top 10 QB. Some of you are just delusional. He has been in that 13-17 range the majority of his career. 

Bro you used video games and church as a rag on him. Go rock a Jordan Love jersey or something and give up trying to analyze the QB position. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao come on man 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Bro you used video games and church as a rag on him. Go rock a Jordan Love jersey or something and give up trying to analyze the QB position. 

I’m saying Super Bowl winners are a different breed and literally obsess over it in their off-time. Carr does not. He has shown anything but that he is obsessed with football in his off time. 

I’m saying Super Bowl winners are a different breed and literally obsess over it in their off-time. Carr does not. He has shown anything but that he is obsessed with football in his off time. 

Yeah by hosting workouts with all the new receivers every offseason and pushing people to work outside of normal office hours with him he hasn’t shown any commitment to the game. Give it up dude. This is honestly embarrassing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is definitely a borderline top 10 QB.

• Like 3