Landon Collins getting released

MikeT14

I’m thinking we may try to trade down and pick up some picks that we lost in the Wentz deal.

I figure a trade down to Pittsburgh if Willis or Pickett is there should nab us another 2nd. We would need to address FS in the 2nd if we don’t acquire a starting FS in FA

• Like 1

"They asked me to take a pay cut,” the strong safety, 28, said. “The first one was fine. Then they asked me to take another one. The money changed after they signed Carson Wentz. I’ll just take my chances in free agency.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/landon-collins-released-by-commanders-over-contract-dispute/

Damn good culture. A player agrees to take a pay cut to help the team. Then you make a desperate play for a QB and you ask him to take ANOTHER pay cut. 

I'd leave too.

On 3/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, Slappy Mc said:

"They asked me to take a pay cut,” the strong safety, 28, said. “The first one was fine. Then they asked me to take another one. The money changed after they signed Carson Wentz. I’ll just take my chances in free agency.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/landon-collins-released-by-commanders-over-contract-dispute/

Damn good culture. A player agrees to take a pay cut to help the team. Then you make a desperate play for a QB and you ask him to take ANOTHER pay cut. 

I'd leave too.

Good luck to him. He’s not worth 1/3 of this current contract. I wanted to sign the guy in 2019 but that’s just the truth of it. I think he’s going to be a FA for a while bc no one will sign him to a deal he wants & in the end he’s going to have to take a 1-year prove it deal from someone and it likely will be around $5 million.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, LoganF89 said:

I’m thinking we may try to trade down and pick up some picks that we lost in the Wentz deal.

I figure a trade down to Pittsburgh if Willis or Pickett is there should nab us another 2nd. We would need to address FS in the 2nd if we don’t acquire a starting FS in FA

Maybe, for me it depends on who’s on the board when we pick. I really want one of the top 3 WRs, and I’d hate to trade down and lose the opportunity to draft one of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

I've generally disliked Landon from the get go. His first year was so uninspiring and he was largely invisible that year. Bottom line, this move was a long time coming. 

Yeah it was not a popular signing from the start

On 3/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, LoganF89 said:

I’d rather take the best WR available at 11 or Devin Lloyd.

Tgen in round 2, we can still draft a safety even if we draft a FS in FA.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah it was not a popular signing from the start

Only a few of us were happy about it and I’ll once again admit I was wrong about his signing. I wish he had been moved to WLB last spring despite his resistance to it & we should’ve had Jamin at OLB all along too and signed a veteran MLB who could possibly beat our Bostic to start.

Rivera screwed up that decision from the start.

Regardless this is the right move. Let’s hope that Jamin takes a big step this off-season and becomes a good starting WLB neXt season and then keeps progressing in each season that follows.