2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I think it will be a three way contest between Odum, Moore, and Hufanga. Odum might have the lead, but I'm not going to assume that he will be starting. His contract is appropriate for an elite STer. If he starts at SS and plays well then that's just a bonus.

Lol im hoping he is not starting….my comment was meant to be sarcastic lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

PERFECT!!! That future 5th rounder is going to be so much more important than 18M in cap space with a roster ready to win now!!!!!!!

I'm not even sure we would trade him.  That could just be to cut him (so we don't get hit with the injury guarantee)

7 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I think it will be a three way contest between Odum, Moore, and Hufanga. Odum might have the lead, but I'm not going to assume that he will be starting. His contract is appropriate for an elite STer. If he starts at SS and plays well then that's just a bonus.

That's uninspiring lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I'm not even sure we would trade him that would just be to cut him (so we don't get hit with the injury guarantee)

Now that might be a way to get Jimmy to waive the Injury guarantee to be cut now compared to July/August. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm not even sure we would trade him.  That could just be to cut him (so we don't get hit with the injury guarantee)

PERFECT!!! Let's wait until July for him to get healthy and then cut him!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic pathetic pathetic....You better trade for Hunter in July if you hold on to him that long. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

PERFECT!!! Let's wait until July for him to get healthy and then cut him!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic pathetic pathetic....You better trade for Hunter in July if you hold on to him that long. 

Vikings have no reason to trade Hunter at that point. They are trying to trade him now because they don't want to be stuck with his roster bonus this year. By then they will have paid it

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Is it possible they dont expect to compete this year with Lance? 

That may have been the reason people wanted to roll with Lance last year lol that extra 50 million would have been nice this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Vikings have no reason to trade Hunter at that point. They are trying to trade him now because they don't want to be stuck with his roster bonus this year. By then they will have paid it

PERFECT!!! Let's punt on free agency and wait until July to cut him!!!

Even better!!!!

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it possible they dont expect to compete this year with Lance? 

No, I don't think fans realize how good this roster is. Fans of their own team can sometimes overrate their roster but a lot of times underrate just how good it is. This team has FAR too many high level players not to be in contention for a SB. 

They were also in the Chandler Jones sweepstakes after signing Ward so it is not like they weren't looking for another big signing. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I don't think fans realize how good this roster is. Fans of their own team can sometimes overrate their roster but a lot of times underrate just how good it is. This team has FAR too many high level players not to be in contention for a SB. 

We should fix the 60% of the offensive line that is a cluster mess right now lol

• Like 1