Who sticks around on the Oline?

theJ

It occurs to me when watching the offensive line that if the coaching staff is blown up this off season, a lot of these guys may be let go or not asked back.  It's not that they're just bad, it's that some clearly show no passion.  That's a big problem.

The question therefore is, who's going to still be on the team next year?

Let's assume for the moment that Marvin isn't brought back, and that the new coach brings a new offensive line coach (i know, crazy, but maybe).  Out of the following guys, who is actually on the roster next year?

Bodine (UFA)
Johnson (signed through 2018)
Boling (2019)
Hopkins (2018)
Redmon (2018)
Westerman (2019)
Fisher (2018)
Ogbuehi (2018/2019 option)
Smith (UFA)

Just now, theJ said:

Bodine (UFA)
Johnson (signed through 2018)
Boling (2019)
Hopkins (2018)
Redmon (2018)

Westerman (2019)
Fisher (2018)

Ogbuehi (2018/2019 option)
Smith (UFA)

Bolded i think are the ones brought back to training camp at least.   Out of all those, i think Boling and Fisher are the only starters.  Fisher at RG if i had to guess.  I think Ced will be cut at some point.  

The ones in bold/strikethrough i think are brought back to camp, but cut.  I'm looking at a near total turnover.

31 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The only one I feel comfortable calling a starter next year is Boling.  Hopkins, Westerman, and Fisher all seem like backups to me.  The rest shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

I don't really feel comfortable either.  I just have a hard time imagining 4 of the 5 starters being turned over.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the current staff or a new staff trying to plug one of the tackles into the guard spot (which i don't think is going to work honestly).

The worst part is watching Ced or Fisher or Bodine give up a sack or negative run play and just walk back to the huddle like nothing happened.  No emotion, no fire, just another play for them.  If they showed some emotion or will to improve i'd say they stick around at least as backups.  But if you don't want have that fire in the NFL, you're probably not going to succeed.

5 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Bodine is the only guy that I am totally done with.  Boling is the only one I think is competent.  I'd like to see if the others improve with actual coaching, but I would not be mad if they lost any of those other guys.

I'm ok if they keep Hopkins, maybe Fisher.  But i'm done with Ced.  Coaching isn't going to fix him.  He just doesn't care.  The stuff he says in his interviews like "it was only 2 sacks, i played good the rest of the snaps" and the way he just walks right past Dalton after getting him killed (like come on, pick him up).  It's obvious he doesn't give a rats behind.

Archived