2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

So my initial concern about Jack had a lot to do about his knee. But as I was internetting things about him just now, I saw that the micro fracture/degenerative knee issue was not true. I remember there was a big stink when he was drafted, but it was so long ago and we didn’t draft him, I never looked into it again. Well, that makes me feel better. Maybe the plan is to try and model our ILB’s after Tampa’s combo of Devin White and Lavonte David. Both of those guys are more MACKs. I’m not comparing Bush to either of those dudes, just that he’s more a traditional MACK too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Now, just get me a badger of the honey variety.

Funny thing is that none of their outside FA deals were rumored to happen(save for Trubisky to an extent)so I’m not sure it happens.

Leaves WR and secondary.

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Funny thing is that none of their outside FA deals were rumored to happen(save for Trubisky to an extent)so I’m not sure it happens.

Leaves WR and secondary.

Trubisky and Daniels were heavily speculated upon.  Cole and Jack are surprises, mostly because no one knew one and no one expected the other to be free.  Okorafor and the other resignings were expected.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So my initial concern about Jack had a lot to do about his knee. But as I was internetting things about him just now, I saw that the micro fracture/degenerative knee issue was not true. I remember there was a big stink when he was drafted, but it was so long ago and we didn’t draft him, I never looked into it again. Well, that makes me feel better. Maybe the plan is to try and model our ILB’s after Tampa’s combo of Devin White and Lavonte David. Both of those guys are more MACKs. I’m not comparing Bush to either of those dudes, just that he’s more a traditional MACK too. 

Idk what Jacksonville ran but I heard they were switching to a 3-4 last season.

But I’m pretty sure Tampa ran or runs a 4-3 with two stud DT’s. Suh was one of them I believe. Forgetting the other. 

edit I guess Tampa has switched to 3-4 base now too. Hell idk. Vita vea is their nose tackle. He supposed to be a bmf.  But the point is their DTs let those 2 linebackers run around and hit things without having guards and centers mauling them. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

38 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Now, just get me a badger of the honey variety.

I seriously doubt it happens. They clearly are going for a youth movement, everyone that has been signed or re-signed has been 27 y/o or younger. Although I certainly would make the exception with honey badger as he’s a significant upgrade over the alternative (Edmunds or drafting a rookie high)

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wonder where we sit cap wise now.

Well they gain roughly $13 mill between cutting Schobert and Banner but I haven’t seen year by year  contract breakdowns for Trubisky/Wallace/Jack/Cole…I think we know Chuks/Daniels.

We do know they typically do low year 1 cap hits though.

Edited by AFF