2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

*secretly hopes they bring Haden back on the cheap as a the early nickel guy on the outside with Wallace in the slot and Sutton being the dime/nickel passing down defender*

I doubt it'll happen. It would be cool to have the savvy vet back in there to lead the room. 

I think it'll be an interesting secondary for us. Sutton and Wallace have inside out versatility. We could throw some weird looks at an offense. Not to mention in Tre Norwood steps it up. 

• Like 1

steelers look better on paper and that's without including the rookies

getting tuit back(seems like its leaning that way) feels like a top 5 FA signing being added to what was a weakness last yr. Jack can't be worse than what we saw from shobert and same with Mitch and Ben tbh getting anybody from the O-line should be a improvement over what we saw last yr and we added two young but experienced pieces

Edited by August4th

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

crazy thing is I don't think we signed like great players, just solid "role player" guys, but it feels like a huge improvement in some spots from last yr. how did we make the playoffs, man

I even feel better about the Trubisky signing, I still don't love it and still stand by my earlier opinions on things, but now that we've made a few significant moves and made the two big releases I thought were necessary.  I still hope we add Mathieu.

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

crazy thing is I don't think we signed like great players, just solid "role player" guys, but it feels like a huge improvement in some spots from last yr. how did we make the playoffs, man

Over and over again that's how you see teams actually "win" free agency. The Bengals went from 2 wins to the super bowl because of a bunch of mid-tier signings. It's that elevating Bad areas to average and netting stars in the draft (and having a QB...ya know, that easy thing). 

This has been a really solid off-season so far. I don't know how much it matters THIS year, but it's setting foundational pieces to potentially be a player in 2023 and beyond. 

• Like 3

Short deals are cap flexible but also lead to an easier rebuild.

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is there even a remote chance we go sign La'el Collins?

There is a reason that NE generally waits to sign FAs and does not rush to be first.  It works for QBs in this environment but just waiting opens up many more players that might be much better. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Over and over again that's how you see teams actually "win" free agency. The Bengals went from 2 wins to the super bowl because of a bunch of mid-tier signings. It's that elevating Bad areas to average and netting stars in the draft (and having a QB...ya know, that easy thing). 

This has been a really solid off-season so far. I don't know how much it matters THIS year, but it's setting foundational pieces to potentially be a player in 2023 and beyond. 

THIS and love how all these new FA guys are young. This is a very young team that can grow together, Maybe the youngest steelers team I've seen and they will add even more young guys with the draft. growing pains will come with this(it already has with the offense) but their is a lot of room for growth with this team that did go 9-8 in a disaster yr. I think this team can compete for a WC, 2022 will hopefully be a building block type yr for bigger things in 2023 and beyond.