2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Just something I found interesting that worries me for now about Ridder is that in his 6 loses in college he accounted for:

192 yards per game (165 passing),  scored 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing) with 3 INTs. 

That's.......really low. It would question for me just how much he raises up the offense he operates. Feels like you get as much out of him as you get out of the players around him. He was absolutely outgunned in terms of talent with the loses coming against Temple, UCF, Ohio State, Memphis, Georgia, and Alabama. But it's still alarming that his 2 passing TDs came in one game. His 5 other loses had him throwing 0TDs.

Just for comparison to another guy this year, Willis also had 6 losses in his 2 years as a starter:

256 yards per game (192 passing), scored 13 TDs (9 passing, 4 rushing), with 12 INT. 

This could all mean nothing, but the top level QB today elevates the entire offense. Ridder feels like he is going to fall into the best case being that Tannahill, Baker type crowd. Willis may be wildly inconsistent, but at least he has the production upside if you can harness the bad (the Josh Allen comp is very serious).

Willis remains the only QB I would take in this draft, I think....and I am really not sure I would even take him. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but this thread goes on to suggest they hype on Willis is overblown and Pickett is the favorite to be the first QB taken.

Also notes that Daniel Jeremiah, who is annually one of the most accurate mock drafters and has very reliable sources, has the Steelers passing on Willis and him falling out of the 1st round entirely. 

The thing that worries me about this kind of talk is that Tombert has repeatedly shown they will do what they think is best for the team regardless of what the draft community thinks. 

19 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The thing that worries me about this kind of talk is that Tombert has repeatedly shown they will do what they think is best for the team regardless of what the draft community thinks. 

And the fact they have never been shy about gushing about a prospect. They’re not the type that is going to utilize smoke and mirrors. So I would be shocked to see them not draft a QB at this point. Now it seems to come down to how are the qb’s ranked on their board? 

• Like 3