2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

10 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Welcome to the new world of WR contracts. As I said no way DJ doesn’t want $20M+. 

I think DJ is going to be one of the hardest receivers we have to replace in the upcoming years if we let him go. The league chews up and spits out high end dudes at receiver because they can't do the things that he thrives at. 

....but I might start making some calls to see what his trade market is. Would the Packers, who now have 4 picks in the top 59, trade us a second? He is $3M against the cap this season. If DJ blows up with Rodgers, tag him and trade him just like Devante for a haul*. 

Edited by Dcash4
Edit is that I am not saying you would get the same haul next year for DJ that they got from the Raiders, but you would more than get your asset back if he did have a really good year.
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Saw Damian Williams and Duke Johnson both signed 1 yr contracts for $1.6M or less, really wish we’d find a decent backup for Harris to take some carries off him. 

Both of those guys are dust, I am fine we passed on them.

Im not worried about RB. I think we will sign a vet after the draft. My favorite guys available: Melvin Gordon (would remind me of when we brought DeAngelo Williams in), Justin Jackson, Jalen Richard, Devontae Booker (looked better than Saquon last year), Jerick McKinnon, Tarik Cohen (depending on health).

36 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Both of those guys are dust, I am fine we passed on them.

Im not worried about RB. I think we will sign a vet after the draft. My favorite guys available: Melvin Gordon (would remind me of when we brought DeAngelo Williams in), Justin Jackson, Jalen Richard, Devontae Booker (looked better than Saquon last year), Jerick McKinnon, Tarik Cohen (depending on health).

I wasn’t saying I wanted one of those guys, more that we need to find a real backup and that the RB market is really cheap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, August4th said:

fan of a trade like this?

Considering it would take next years first to move up, and that would mean spending a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder on...

DESMOND F***ING RIDDER!😡!😡!😡!😡!

...I'm going to have to calmly and maturely decline.  

Good day to you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I think DJ is going to be one of the hardest receivers we have to replace in the upcoming years if we let him go. The league chews up and spits out high end dudes at receiver because they can't do the things that he thrives at. 

....but I might start making some calls to see what his trade market is. Would the Packers, who now have 4 picks in the top 59, trade us a second? He is $3M against the cap this season. If DJ blows up with Rodgers, tag him and trade him just like Devante for a haul*. 

There is a far better chance of us giving him a $20m per year contract than us trading him.

We dont typically operate like that, and I dont see that changing.   Only reason we traded guys like Brown and Bryant the way we did was because of their off field stuff.   

If they like him, they're gonna pay him.
If they feel like they can get by without him, they will let him walk.

Id love to trade him and get a haul....but its not how they do things.

That being said, if he does have a decent year this year, I see us tagging him next year.