Colts OL Mark Glowinski signs with Giants

Acgott

Ayyye. I forgot he was a free agent. This a sneaky really good get for us. He’s been a positive blocker for three of the past four seasons where the fourth he was just average. 

which we haven’t had positive blockers in both the pass and run game in a while. Love this move. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

I know! HUGE upgrade 

Going from well below average to average is a very good thing; I think the prevailing thought now, which is the correct one, is that you don't need 5 studs along the OL, but you do need them all to be at least average. This is a good start. The accompanying important piece in this is that the contract is very reasonable and matches the player's value. Overall solid deal. It feels like a huge win to us because the OL has been awful and neglected for so long, but overall it is just a solid deal. 

This is the kind of move we can praise here in the Giants forum so we can act more rationally and appropriately about it in NFL Gen.

• Like 1

Talkin' Giants broke down some film of him. I think he is average in pass pro. Lacks a really strong punch and gives up ground to powerful rushers, but usually gets his man. His run blocking, however, is great. He doesn't just occupy defenders; he shoves them aside to create lanes.

In both areas he'll be a major upgrade over what we've seen the last few years.