Ravens sign S Marcus Williams (5 years, $70M, $37M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

He hasn’t. He’s gotten worse. His psyche is broken every time he is 1v1 with the ball carrier. He will let you down. 

Man coverage skills are average to mediocre but he can line up on some lesser talents and hold his own fine.

But the guy is a monster at centerfield. His athleticism is sneaky and he can fool QBs into throwing passes they shouldn’t, or holding onto the ball when they should’ve made the pass. His presence will straight up change the offensive strategy of teams that don’t trust their own QB or deep game.

if he went to a bad team I think it would be totally wasted money because he would be getting exposed constantly.

I have faith in the ravens not to put him into bad spots too often. he’ll probably play similarly to how he did for the Saints. A bit too rich for me but not enough I can really call this out as an overpay.

Yea, I mean our best regular season team was with Earl Thomas at safety and he was a scared kitten in terms of physicality and tackling.

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, I mean our best regular season team was with Earl Thomas at safety and he was a scared kitten in terms of physicality and tackling.

A scared kitten would get more guys on the ground than 2019 Earl Thomas tbh

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Very good deep coverage safety but not good in run defense. That’s fine if you’re an elite run stopping defense like the Saints.

traditionally speaking our best safeties have been awful at tackling (Ed Reed later in his career, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle) so he'll fit right in