Week 10 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (5-3 )vs. Los Angeles Chargers (3-5) - LAMBO REVENGE GAME

.Buzz

Just now, Jags said:

This is the type of win that our team has been needing. To prove that we could win during adversity. Come out on top showing poise. Now they need to correct all this undisciplined penalties and errors. 

Definitely still a lot of polish needed, and work to do.  It wasn't pretty at all.  But yeah, something to build on for sure.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Definitely still a lot of polish needed, and work to do.  It wasn't pretty at all.  But yeah, something to build on for sure.

With how we usually play the Chargers I wonder if this had anything to do with the way this game went.

IDK, I don't feel like the Chargers are very good (except that pass rush is crazy good), just seems like things never go well playing that team. Usually everyone always has that one team that people struggle with, and I think Rivers/LAC is that team.

This was great on a lot of levels.

The entire offense sputtered out repeatedly in the early stages and stretched out the defense’s on field time.

The ST stepped up to keep us in early.

Blake took over the game to get us tied, and gave the defense an absolutely necessary breather.

The defense responded to the rest they got and locked down from there out.

Offense goofed and the refs screwed them.

The defense got themselves two turnovers to keep us in it.

Methodical short drive to get us to tie it.

Hurnsy with all the grit to crawl off the field and keep us from having a run off.

Decent drive before stalling out in OT

And then Bouye. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

With how we usually play the Chargers I wonder if this had anything to do with the way this game went.

IDK, I don't feel like the Chargers are very good (except that pass rush is crazy good), just seems like things never go well playing that team. Usually everyone always has that one team that people struggle with, and I think Rivers/LAC is that team.

Yeah.  It's weird.  I came in thinking they're not really a good team, and despite the massive struggle to win, and just narrowly pulling it off...i come away still not really thinking they're a very good team.  Just a wild game and a lot of sloppy mess that this team can't afford to have when they play better, more disciplined teams.

Maybe just one of those games though.  It happens.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gus being familiar with basically everyone on offense except Fournette does a lot too.

Just now, iPwn said:

Gus being familiar with basically everyone on offense except Fournette does a lot too.

Yeah.  True.  You'd think if anyone, Gus would have a solid grasp on how to rattle Blake's cage in particular.  Yet...didn't really seem to work.  At least, until they entered the Bortles danger zone of repeated throwing later in the game.

Though i guess in some part, pressing us to completely abandon the run game kind of is how you traditionally back Bortles into the disaster corner.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

#1 ranked run game with a completely healthy and rested #1 back facing the #31 ranked run defense.

.... Chargers are gonna hold us to like 56 rushing yards, aren’t they?

Not counting Bort and Grant, they held us to 46.

off by 10

I feel so great about this win.

Was I pissed/annoyed mostly all of the game? Yup.

Was it amazing to see us beat a team who has had our number forever pretty much in a game where we had no run game and Bortles threw it 50 times (and played great through 3 quarters)?

Yes, yes it was. We all wanted to see us win a game with adversity/where we didn't blow the other team out. We did that.

Archived