Week 10 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (5-3 )vs. Los Angeles Chargers (3-5) - LAMBO REVENGE GAME

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

According to PFF, we pressured Rivers on 15 of 37 (40.54%) dropbacks.

We did get pressure quite a bit early. Just couldn't get home/Rivers was quick to throw it away when a sack was clearly going to happen. Blitz by Telvin and Jack = thrown away right after it was snapped basically.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

Hear this a lot these days about Rivers.  Seemed so strange at first, don't picture him as that sort of guy.  But apparently it's true.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

I bet.  I was exhausted just watching.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

That's pretty cool to see.  The issue was never Gus as a person though.  And frankly, how good a guy he seemed to be and how much a "players coach" he was...is probably a huge part of the reason he stuck around much longer than he should have.

But it's over now.  And it seems to be headed in a nice direction.  So maybe it was worth it, somehow.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We did get pressure quite a bit early. Just couldn't get home/Rivers was quick to throw it away when a sack was clearly going to happen. Blitz by Telvin and Jack = thrown away right after it was snapped basically.

Some of those blitzes were absolutely hilarious.  Just LBers instantly in the backfield.  Rivers did good work just getting rid of the ball in a hurry and managing not to get sacked constantly during stretches of the game.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

That's pretty cool to see.  The issue was never Gus as a person though.  And frankly, how good a guy he seemed to be and how much a "players coach" he was...is probably a huge part of the reason he stuck around much longer than he should have.

But it's over now.  And it seems to be headed in a nice direction.  So maybe it was worth it, somehow.

Most of these guys came here fresh out of college. A lot of them grew up in broken homes. Many of them didn’t have a lot of positive male role models growing up. And Gus was largely a mentor, who taught them how to be resilient men. A lot of this “we’re a family” and the resiliency we see from them, and the way that no one on that team ever tries to shy away from pressure is, at least in my mind, in large part because of the mentorship that Gus brought to them.

As bad as Gus was at building a winning culture, I’m not sure there are many coaches who were better suited for carrying that team through the scorched earth rebuild that was implemented than he. He kept them together, he taught them to always be putting in full effort no matter what, and he taught them how to be good men.

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

Most of these guys came here fresh out of college. A lot of them grew up in broken homes. Many of them didn’t have a lot of positive male role models growing up. And Gus was largely a mentor, who taught them how to be resilient men. A lot of this “we’re a family” and the resiliency we see from them, and the way that no one on that team ever tries to shy away from pressure is, at least in my mind, in large part because of the mentorship that Gus brought to them.

As bad as Gus was at building a winning culture, I’m not sure there are many coaches who were better suited for carrying that team through the scorched earth rebuild that was implemented than he. He kept them together, he taught them to always be putting in full effort no matter what, and he taught them how to be good men.

I wholeheartedly agree.. further more I believe he would have been a much better coach for a team that had already been to war i.e. if something happened with Pete Carrol and he could no longer could coach Gus would be a perfect coach for a team like that who is already battle tested and knows how win. Gus struggled to game prep and scheme and he couldn't teach these young players how to win next level.

Archived