Bills sign DE Shaq Lawson and DT Jordan Phillips

Trentwannabe

Lawson was a 1st round pick of the Bills in 2016. His best season was 2019 where he had 6.5 sacks 49 tackles.
Phillips joined the Bills part way through 2018 and had his best season in 2019 as well tallying 9.5 sacks and 31 tackles.

Both left in free agency after that season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Shaq was dumpstered by the Dolphins, Texans, then finally the Jets last season. Pretty sure he might be done.

Jordan Phillips is probably salvageable depth.

Shaq probably wont make the 53 out of camp but he knows the D and he had his best season in 2019 under Frazier. So even if its just to push the young guns to workharder im ok with it.

Phillips might actually be beneficial to the D. He is a solid depth player who can play the 1 and 3 tech. 

Shaq was dumpstered by the Dolphins, Texans, then finally the Jets last season. Pretty sure he might be done.

Jordan Phillips is probably salvageable depth.

Was he playing more of an OLB in Miami? I honestly can't remember. I just thought it wasn'ta great fit when he went there.

I think both guys realized they were in a system that suited them well. I'm excited for both but also wouldn't be surprised if neither made it out of camp.

Just now, Tommy_C said:

Shaq probably wont make the 53 out of camp but he knows the D and he had his best season in 2019 under Frazier. So even if its just to push the young guns to workharder im ok with it.

Phillips might actually be beneficial to the D. He is a solid depth player who can play the 1 and 3 tech. 

considering the Bills have tremendous depth on the DL and that he's been cut by teams with considerably less, I'd sincerely doubt he does.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Was he playing more of an OLB in Miami? I honestly can't remember. I just thought it wasn'ta great fit when he went there.

I think both guys realized they were in a system that suited them well. I'm excited for both but also wouldn't be surprised if neither made it out of camp.

OLB mostly. But he wasn't completely awful in 2020.

• Like 1

Wasn't Epenesa pretty impressive last year though?

Not really, He didn't really play much and when he did it usually wasn't meaningful snaps. AJ looking like a camp casualty if he doesn't pick up his game this year. 

IMO, hes not athletic enough to play DE in the league and he also doesn't have the raw power that some of the less athletic DE's have. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Early on yes. He disappeared for long stretches though and doesn't have much in terms of pass rush moves.

Just now, Tommy_C said:

Not really, He didn't really play much and when he did it usually wasn't meaningful snaps. AJ looking like a camp casualty if he doesn't pick up his game this year. 

IMO, hes not athletic enough to play DE in the league and he also doesn't have the raw power that some of the less athletic DE's have. 

Gotcha.

It's probably because I watched him primarily against our OL.

• Like 1