Fanspeak

fattlipp

31 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Move Jermaine to pick 22. I honestly am not a fan of Stingley. He had an amazing year his freshman year and played a lot of press man. Struggled in coverage the last two years along with injuries. The little bit of film I watched he tends to do a lot of finger pointing. I think 4 CBs is too deep to be spending another 1st. I love Daxton because he can play anywhere in the secondary. 3rd safety, slot, outside, etc. So outside of Stingley that is a darn good hall. 

When Stingley is healthy, he's a lockdown CB. We play a ton of 3 CBs and they tend to miss time. I think a 4th CB is as essential as a 3rd EDGE rusher. We can agree to disagree on Stingley, but if his medicals check and he has a decent pro day, he's going top 12. 

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

The concept of "let's have the worst group of WRs in the league just to really see how good our QB and coach are" is the logic of a sociopath.

So is your ability to recognize sarcasm.

Nobody expects us to go into the season with Lazard, Cobb and a 3, 4 and 5th round WR.

Get that sand out of your vagina.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I feel the same.  And I like this one even better: 

I think the line will be just fine.  We are not going to be as deep as we have been in the past.  Losing Patrick and Turner hurts on that front, and I am counting Jenkins out for 2022, and anything we do get from him this season will be a bonus.  I think that the line looks like: 

Bakhtiari - Runyan - Myers - Newman - Nijman

And that is before the draft to inject some talent, and not knowing the development from other holdovers.  We probably get a year two jump from Newman, and Myers, as well as a second year starting from Runyan.  This front office has also added cheap veterans post draft to fill spots as needed.  Bakhtiari is better than Jenkins at LT.  The interior guys have more experience.  The only perceived downgrade will be from Turner to Nijman, but we haven't seen Nijman at RT yet.   Add another Runyan or Newman type in the 4th for depth, and someone that can play RT if Nijman cannot, and I am perfectly fine with this line.  It doesn't have to be a premium investment.

Agreed, and Jenks will heal faster than Bak, he’ll be back after PUP.

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

The concept of "let's have the worst group of WRs in the league just to really see how good our QB and coach are" is the logic of a sociopath.

One of my favorite ARod games was when Janis was our #1, he finally slung it.

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

When Stingley is healthy, he's a lockdown CB. We play a ton of 3 CBs and they tend to miss time. I think a 4th CB is as essential as a 3rd EDGE rusher. We can agree to disagree on Stingley, but if his medicals check and he has a decent pro day, he's going top 12. 

Yeah, Hill is Amos heir apparent,  if we draft Stingley did we just sigh Douglass to be our 4th corner, or who are we moving to Safety?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yup Stingley could be great if it was just his injury and he doesnt get injured again. 3rd safety would be much more versatile and fit a position of need than 3rd/4th CB. Take a late round flier for your 4th CB.

Edited by Kenrik

Random draft time thoughts:

This is the first year I have tried PF for draft simulations. Honestly, the player scouting reports might be written by their agents and edited by their moms--Everything is awesome!

I was trying to recall--MVS, EQ and...who? Oh yeah...didn't you used to be J'Mon Moore?

I'm not really that into Eric Pierce, but he seems to slot right into the place we typically grab receivers.

In "Meet the Robinsons" the singing frog expresses a concern to the Bowler Hat villain that he's just not sure how well this plan was thought through. Along the same lines--I mean, yay Green Bay Packers and all, but--with every day that passes since the Adams trade I ask myself how well the WR plan was thought through.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did another, no trades. Used CBS draft board, and random.

R1 P22 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama
R1 P28 DL Travon Walker - Georgia
R2 P21 S Jalen Pitre - Baylor
R2 P27 DL Travis Jones - UConn
R3 P28 EDGE David Ojabo - Michigan
R4 P27 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
R4 P35 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati
R5 P28 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
R7 P7 TE Armani Rodgers - Ohio
R7 P28 WR Tyquan Thornton - Baylor
R7 P37 G Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

19 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Did another, no trades. Used CBS draft board, and random.

R1 P22 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama
R1 P28 DL Travon Walker - Georgia
R2 P21 S Jalen Pitre - Baylor
R2 P27 DL Travis Jones - UConn
R3 P28 EDGE David Ojabo - Michigan
R4 P27 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
R4 P35 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati
R5 P28 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
R7 P7 TE Armani Rodgers - Ohio
R7 P28 WR Tyquan Thornton - Baylor
R7 P37 G Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

Sign me up if you can get the other 31 GMs to go along. Being hyper picky, no offensive linemen until round 7. In reality, the first 8 picks will be long gone before out picks in those slots. In fact, all of them probably fall into that situation. I'm not familiar with the TE from Ohio.