2 Different Mocks

Bobby816

Obviously getting Thibs,sauce,Burkes is an amazing option, BUT I would be very uncomfortable passing on all the wrs at ten in hopes that the guy we want falls far enough that we can move up and get him. Too much risk for me that, rather than drafting a wr we love, we are simply stuck with the one all the other teams felt was the worst of the bunch.

I'll take thibs at 4 or drop back if a team decides they need to move up for a tackle or QB.

Then, at 10, I want whichever wr out team decides is the best fit. I'd prefer Wilson(though the whole Ohio state we thing worries me)

We can get some combination of  linebacker or safety or o-line in round two.

51 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Obviously getting Thibs,sauce,Burkes is an amazing option, BUT I would be very uncomfortable passing on all the wrs at ten in hopes that the guy we want falls far enough that we can move up and get him. Too much risk for me that, rather than drafting a wr we love, we are simply stuck with the one all the other teams felt was the worst of the bunch.

I'll take thibs at 4 or drop back if a team decides they need to move up for a tackle or QB.

Then, at 10, I want whichever wr out team decides is the best fit. I'd prefer Wilson(though the whole Ohio state we thing worries me)

We can get some combination of  linebacker or safety or o-line in round two.

My thinking is that we think Watson is a safety valve for us in Round 2 if we don't go WR at 10 or trade up

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My thinking is that we think Watson is a safety valve for us in Round 2 if we don't go WR at 10 or trade up

With GB and KC having a more pressing need at WR it seems way more likely that we go WR at 10,  It just seems less likely that our guy might slip to pick 35/38.  If we wait until the 2nd I think there is an extreme confidence in Moore. 

10 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

With GB and KC having a more pressing need at WR it seems way more likely that we go WR at 10,  It just seems less likely that our guy might slip to pick 35/38.  If we wait until the 2nd I think there is an extreme confidence in Moore. 

I am sure they have all the confidence in world in Moore, but JD's pursuit of Hill and, if the rumors are true, his pursuit of Cooper and pre-suspended Riley indicates JD really wants a top WR to pair with Moore long term.  The question is does he believe any WR at 10 is worth it or was / is he just looking at young, good vets.  There is little doubt JD knows he needs another talent at WR.

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

KC does now have 2 picks in Round 1 so they could. But I mean they did sign JuJu and MVS, so it's not like they have no one. And they still have Hardman and Kelce obviously. They need CB and LB help more than they need another WR that will be 4th on their depth chart.

GB absolutely needs a WR or even 2, so yes I could see them going WR.

But as I said... I don't think anyone is drafting Watson in Round 1. We coached him in the senior bowl where he was the best player arguably there that week. I think if we don't go WR at 10, he's who we go after in Round 2.

I say this with my actually wanting us to draft a WR at 10 remember. I'm just saying if we wait, that's my guess on who we draft. 

Okay I posted my final mock a few days ago, but considering the landscape we now face in the NFL. We could wait until the second round and pick up a DE/OLB. But I would have to say at this point in the draft there are two desperate need positions, CB and WR. 

Sauce has to be included in any conversation as the first pick at 4 for the Jets, then at 10 best WR available. NOW, everyone seems to be grabbing Wilson, Burks, or London and I understand why. But why is everyone sleeping on perhaps the best WR in the country in Williams who is slated to go in the late rounds BUT in round 1!

Sauce and Williams in round one would be a steal, and if there is any questions about his health, then you grab another WR in the early 2nd round.

But there is no doubt in my mind no matter the DE available at 4, the Jets grab the Sauce and a WR with the second pick! That is of course Seattle doesn't trade D.K.Metcalf to the Jets for 2 2's and a 3 and is given a monster contract. Then the scenario shifts. 

Com'on J.D. make it happen!!!!!

Just now, Big T said:

Okay I posted my final mock a few days ago, but considering the landscape we now face in the NFL. We could wait until the second round and pick up a DE/OLB. But I would have to say at this point in the draft there are two desperate need positions, CB and WR. 

Sauce has to be included in any conversation as the first pick at 4 for the Jets, then at 10 best WR available. NOW, everyone seems to be grabbing Wilson, Burks, or London and I understand why. But why is everyone sleeping on perhaps the best WR in the country in Williams who is slated to go in the late rounds BUT in round 1!

Sauce and Williams in round one would be a steal, and if there is any questions about his health, then you grab another WR in the early 2nd round.

But there is no doubt in my mind no matter the DE available at 4, the Jets grab the Sauce and a WR with the second pick! That is of course Seattle doesn't trade D.K.Metcalf to the Jets for 2 2's and a 3 and is given a monster contract. Then the scenario shifts. 

Com'on J.D. make it happen!!!!!

How are we desperate for a CB? We just signed a guy that ranks as a top 10 CB in the NFL and Hall who we all like but know he's more a #2 (which he is now) and have several guys for the slot in MC2 and Guidry who both look very good in the slot. And even have depth with guys who have started in Echols and Dunn. We don't have a need at CB at all.

If we choose Sauce... it's bc we think he's a generational talent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

How are we desperate for a CB? We just signed a guy that ranks as a top 10 CB in the NFL and Hall who we all like but know he's more a #2 (which he is now) and have several guys for the slot in MC2 and Guidry who both look very good in the slot. And even have depth with guys who have started in Echols and Dunn. We don't have a need at CB at all.

If we choose Sauce... it's bc we think he's a generational talent. 

Generational Talent, I'm with you.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Generational Talent, I'm with you.

Sauce is one of the only picks for us in that top 10 that I really don’t “want” but will be more than ok if we drafted him. I think his talent is legit, I just don’t see the need for CB with how our rookies were last year and adding Reed