Chiefs to sign RB Ronald Jones

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You're gonna get about 10 drops with those 30 catches, so while the stats wouldn't lend you to think he can catch, he's highly inefficient at it. 

It said around 5 per season, which isnt much better and always seems like more

I've been thinking about this signing, and honestly the more I do the more I like it.

Ronald Jones can't/doesn't catch the ball - I feel like this is the Chiefs admitting that they've been using CEH incorrectly. CEH shouldn't be the main between the tackles back. It was irritating how the Chiefs insisted on using him in this role. RoJo will fill this role better IMO.

Ronald Jones is going into his 5th season. Can you guess how old he is? 

I think he compliments CEH well; It's a 1 yr trial run, and he's obviously young so can still develop. Not some crazy wild pick up especially in this year's FA, but I think it's a pretty quality snag, and I'm excited about it.

Spoiler

• Like 1

rojo cant catch a cold he is just not a good receiver back. excellent runner though between the tackles and has good feel for when to take it outside.

Sub him out on third downs. Pass protection gets blown up by DBs and LBs and his hands are suspect. Way way too many crucial drops from basic screen passes and swing dump offs. He will run hard and protect the football though so I’d say he is a good pickup for them.