Chiefs to sign RB Ronald Jones

RaidersAreOne

Living down here in Tampa Bay Florida for so long (Saint Petersburg) I can honestly say that this Ronald Jones guy was a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan favorite. 

Still only 24 years old and with a career average of 4.5 yards per carry? 

This kid is super talented as a pure RB (not the biggest receiving threat but he's good for 30+ Receptions per year). 

• Excellent addition for the Kansas City Chiefs backfield. 

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Jones is not a bad RB. For some reason, the Bucs went heavy on Fournette, although Jones dis nothing wrong to warrant being benched. 

But Jones has no hands. None

And he sucks in pass pro.

But he's a helluva runner.

• Like 1

I think it is a decent signing, but I still think KC would be wise to target Dameon Pierce in the 3rd or 4th round with their plethora of picks.  Pierce can pass protect and would phase CEH and Jones out on 3rd down, frustrating fantasy owners everywhere, but making KC offense so much better.

Yes, as a pure runner Rojo is great

Nice vision, speed, elusiveness combo

He can't block for **** tho

And he can't catch either 

At least he couldn't here in Tampa anyway

But if he gets a decent role and gets renewed confidence,  I think he'll easily unseat CEH and produce like a top 10 back

The talent is there I just think he lost a lot of confidence and BA bailed on him too quick. He's one of those backs that need a good chunk of touches to get in a groove.

13 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Jones is not a bad RB. For some reason, the Bucs went heavy on Fournette, although Jones dis nothing wrong to warrant being benched. 

But Jones has no hands. None

You answered your own question, but RoJo has also developed a bit of a rep for coughing the ball up at the most inopportune moments, and getting way up inside his own head whenever he made a mistake.

Edited by sayheykid