Chiefs to sign RB Ronald Jones

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Maybe I'm just a sour sally here, but "Can't block, Can't catch, but really great runner" is like the exact opposite of every attribute that makes RBs good in Andy Reid's' system lol. 

I’m just hoping we feature more power running. We have the OL for it. We just need the run play calls to not be options. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Statistically 76 catches, 571 yards, but he cant catch? 

I mean, over the course of 4 years and 55 games played, that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement, lol. 

I don’t know about RoJo, but there’s a pretty distinctive difference in being a RB that compiles receiving stats and a RB that is a good receiver out of the backfield. Jones had a chance to take that role when Tom came to town and he lost out to Fournette. 

I trust Andy to dial up an effective run game but not that he’ll stick to it, even when it’s working.

Edited by Yin-Yang

56 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, over the course of 4 years and 55 games played, that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement, lol. 

I don’t know about RoJo, but there’s a pretty distinctive difference in being a RB that compiles receiving stats and a RB that is a good receiver out of the backfield. Jones had a chance to take that role when Tom came to town and he lost out to Fournette. 

I trust Andy to dial up and effective run game but not that he’ll stick to it, even when it’s working.

30 catches a season is about what hell average with Mahomes so that should be fine.

On 3/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, NudeTayne said:

Seems like a good fit.

I'd be surprised if this move signaled a philosophical change from what Andy Reid has done for 20+ years, which is to try and use the RBs in the passing game.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I'd be surprised if this move signaled a philosophical change from what Andy Reid has done for 20+ years, which is to try and use the RBs in the passing game.

My initial thought is to agree

But I'm not so sure because of the Hill trade , as mentioned by @biggie.

Hill was a huge chunk of that offense and they are going to have to offset that somehow

On 3/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, Chiefer said:

30 catches a season is about what hell average with Mahomes so that should be fine.

You're gonna get about 10 drops with those 30 catches, so while the stats wouldn't lend you to think he can catch, he's highly inefficient at it. 

Edited by kgarrett12486