Do you realize there are 8 Teams with x2 1st round draft choices?

That's 16 draft choices in 1st Rd, by 8 different teams.

Texans, Jets, Chiefs, Packers, Saints, Eagles, Lions & Giants. (3 AFC & 5 NFC)

Of those 16 draft choices? Only 6 of those picks are ahead of Washington's #11 pick.

Jets & Giants are 2 of the teams that pick both times, before Washington picks @11.

Lions & Texans are the only 2 teams that pick once, before Washington is up @11.

So why is this a big deal?

Well, for 1, I've never seen this before. Lol

& 2, because that still leaves 4 teams with BOTH of their 1st Rd picks, picking BEHIND Washington. Those teams are Chiefs, Packers, Saints, Eagles.

Here:Take a look!

Round 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears)
😎 Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
11) Washington Commanders
12) Minnesota Vikings
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)
14) Baltimore Ravens
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles)
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles)
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
25) Buffalo Bills
26) Tennessee Titans
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28) Green Bay Packers
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins)
30) Kansas City Chiefs
31) Cincinnati Bengals
32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)

What this means is, that if the Chiefs, Packers, Saints or Eagles want to trade up into Washington slot @#11…?

Its quite possible that we could be picking at any of the slots 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 28, 29, or 30. And possibly 2 of the slots listed here, if it's the Packers or Chiefs on these deals.

It's also possible that the Texans (also pick #13) & Lions (also pick #32) want to trade back up with Washington to #11 for a guy they also wanted but didn't want to take with their original top 5 picks. (Which would cost possibly their 2nd rounder this yr or picks for 23')

Keep in mind also, that Jacksonville, Carolina & Seattle are the ONLY 3 teams that pick ahead of us in the 1st Rd, that don't have multiple picks in the 1st rd.

And the funny part about that is....2 of them need a QB. 

That's interesting because if they're also looking to trade down like I HOPE we are, they might want to rethink that if they have their eye on a specific QB.

And you know Jacksonville isn't taking a QB. 

Anyways, I could be wrong...

But I believe the plan will be to trade back & possibly get multiple picks in the 1st or 2nd Rd.

That's the only thing that makes sense, considering our quiet free agency, yet trading for our QB. We also only have a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th & 7th in this whole draft.

I think come draft day, we will see more movement in the Draft from Washington that we've EVER seen!

At least I hope so 

30 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I would love trading green bay for both their 1st.  Seems realistic value wise, but not sure who they would want.

There is rumor/speculation that the saints want to move up for a player. Reason for their Philly trade.

We could be in play there as well.

17 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

There is rumor/speculation that the saints want to move up for a player. Reason for their Philly trade.

We could be in play there as well.

Both of those picks they got equal the 5th overall selection on the trade value chart. So we won’t get them both if that’s the case and for them to want those picks I believe would be to get ahead of the Panthers for their pick at QB. The Saints have to get away from paying vet level money at the QB position so every offseason they aren’t backloading extensions. But there will be a ton of movement. I can very well see us moving around. In this class I’m cool with it unless the elite level guys fall because of the way the QB market seems to be about to play out ahead of us.

On 4/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, ripsean21 said:

Both of those picks they got equal the 5th overall selection on the trade value chart. So we won’t get them both if that’s the case and for them to want those picks I believe would be to get ahead of the Panthers for their pick at QB. The Saints have to get away from paying vet level money at the QB position so every offseason they aren’t backloading extensions. But there will be a ton of movement. I can very well see us moving around. In this class I’m cool with it unless the elite level guys fall because of the way the QB market seems to be about to play out ahead of us.

^^this, they have to get in front of Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks. This picks are going to the Giants.

That’s because they traded down or traded good players for future picks that are coming home to roost now. We could’ve done the same in 2017, 2019 & 2020 (Kirk, Trent & Scherff) but our awful front office can’t see the Forrest for the trees.

In 2017 we could’ve gotten a 1st plus for Kirk. In 2019 we could’ve gotten a late 1st or 2nd & a mid round pick for Trent. In 2020 we should’ve re-signed Flowers & traded Scherff for a 2nd round pick and a 5th.

We could’ve turned those 3 players for 6 or 7 players. Then, right now we should’ve traded Payne for a 2nd & a later pick too while re-signing Settle for $3 mil a year & keeping Ioannidis & them compete to start next to Jon Allen this year.