Leisher's possible trades for WR 2022 Packers. 4/21

jleisher

1 hour ago, Bang! said:

Still every year there is a blind faith in the GB front office. I agree that the best answer to the WR situation is selecting two in the first four picks. In my opinion that means we need any combination of the following that I consider 1st/2nd Round talent (G. Wilson, C. Olave, T. Burks, D. London, J. Williams, J. Dotson, C. Watson).

With the number of overall picks GB has to work with, moving up is real option to secure the player the warroom has been focused on. As we've witnessed in previous years, the Packers will invest 3 picks at the position; however, I really hope that their is a much greater urgency in targeting their preferred receiver(s). 

I think its best to keep a positive and proactive attitude that this board is known for, but humor me for a moment as I explain how I reviewed the first three rounds of every Packer Draft beginning with who-else, the Shhhhtshhhow of 2007 with Justin Harrell at 16 and Brandon Jackson in round 2.

2008, go review the two second round selections. 2009 was the 100 year draft. 2010: Mike Neal 2nd Round, 2011: Derrick Sherrod/first Round (i realize that many of you have no clue who he is... there are plenty of us that were here for that).

Hey.. 2012... 1st Round: Nick Perry 2nd Round: Jerrel Worthy 3rd Round: Casey Hayward* (guess which one we chose to let walk and ended up becoming a top 5 CB in the NFL...

IT WILL BE SO GOOD WHEN THE DRAFT COMES... I'm gonna keep going...

2013: 1st Round Datone Jones (who? ask your dad)

2014: HaHa Round 1/21st overall, second round was Davante.. notice that in 7 years so far not one WR in the top 100... not convinced.. cool,

2015, good lord... Rd 1 D. Randall (shaking head like my dad used to) Rd2 Q. Rollins (who? he was a point guard for the University of MIami.. notice I didnt say DB or CB. Rd 3 Ty Montgomery (so is this what is considered a "weapon"... remember his last game as a Packer.. icing on the cake

2016 2nd Round OT Jason Spriggs 3rd Round... a rush of excitment for Kyler Fackrel

2017... This is the epitome of Packer Drafts. Our first four selections were so bad on so many levels... remember End of Round 1, Green Bay on the clock. Somehow TJ Watt (NFL DEF Player of the Year TJ WATT) has somehow fallen to us... the walk to the podium.. GB has traded their 1st round pick to PIT. 

At this point, we are 10 years minimum into a draft history that is almost as bad as it gets. Very important and early selections.. whiffed.. passing on countless guys that we discussed ad nauseum here and the moderators must have decided to deploy "In Ted We Trust" and then people started forgetting the giants turds that were left in very important draft positions... 

Im delaying discussing our #4 CB that cost us the TB NFC championship. Trade back and miss the generational talent FROM HERE! WISCONSIN! METRO MILWAUKEE/ NEAR THE WAUKESHA AIRPORT... WE KNEW WHAT WE HAD... no? Well, his motherloving brother was good enough that I would selected the guy without anyone entertaining trading back for Kevin Loving King.

Oh... we still have 3 more horsespit selections from that draft:

ROUND 2: Josh Jones.. dangerous headcase is how i think he was described (so 2nd round material)

ROUND 3: Montravious Adams... (sorry kid, dad doesnt even know)

ROUND 4: Vince Biegel

HOLYYYYYYY WHOA...

Its gonna be awesome when the draft comes and we dont have to listen to this crap about All Pro Receivers and giving up a Kevin King, Josh Jones, and Montravious and pay him market rate... yeah, lets make sure we all mock George Pickens at #28 after dancing with another DB that is prob ok in the slot -- wait like in 2018 in the 2nd Round?

2018: We hit big on Jaire... its embarrassing, the last complement for a 1st Rounder was NINE YEARS EARLIER... 2009... Those huge first round picks were huge contributors when the team won the Super Bowl.. imagine that. Premium talent, premium results. Were gonna look at what happens when you need WR help and then dont do anything until Rounds 4, 5, 6.

This is what I am afraid of. Rounds 2 and 3 were crap picks too... but we drafted MVS in round 5 and then expected him to perform like a top tier WR, oh, almost forgot.. remember how everyone was so enraged over the 4th rounder used to move up for Love.

in 2018, we took some jackhole in round 4 that never made the team J'mon Moore, 5th round MVS, 6th EQ

THAT WAS THE PLAN...

Ill stop. This trip down memory lane shall serve as a warning for all the cute Mocks that argue that "Jaire's replacement is more important at #22."

No, its not. Because we dont have any starting caliber WR on this roster. Two WR in first FOUR selections. That is a very sensible plan. That leaves 7 picks in rounds 3-7 to find eventual OL starters, a 3rd receiver (maybe even George Pickens in round 3 where his projected value is.) 5th Round how about a big burly RB from Michigan in case we have a repeat from last year.

Two things,

1. I love the draft more than most of all you. But I am not feeling confident at all that we dont just witness the same old sheet... and then we'll once again hate how we always seem to screw it up.

2. Everyone wanted to resign Davante and pay him whatever... but now the investment of two draft picks received for Adams plus a market rate contract has you boys rethinking the value of a superstar WR1? I want brains inspected after we all bash our skulls against whatever device you follow Picks #22 and #28 on Thursday. LETS GO PACK... (god...)

EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

TEAM MISSES ON DRAFT CHOICES!

Take a little time and educate yourself, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. 

NFL draft -- Which teams have gotten the best value since 2012? We rank all 32 (espn.com)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, R T said:

EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

TEAM MISSES ON DRAFT CHOICES!

Take a little time and educate yourself, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. 

NFL draft -- Which teams have gotten the best value since 2012? We rank all 32 (espn.com)

Idk what that thing is, but I knew after the first time I saw it post, I was never going to interact with it lol

• Like 3