General Draft Thread

swoosh

Backdooring the Falcons love for London was less talked about and that they like Ridder. Hard pass for me, what's you guys' thoughts? A lot of his comps have been Tannehill / Mariota and we have the latter and our coach was the OC for both. Ridder himself even said Tannehill is a guy he models his game after. Just all weirdly ironic.

33 minutes ago, DM316 said:

Backdooring the Falcons love for London was less talked about and that they like Ridder. Hard pass for me, what's you guys' thoughts? A lot of his comps have been Tannehill / Mariota and we have the latter and our coach was the OC for both. Ridder himself even said Tannehill is a guy he models his game after. Just all weirdly ironic.

Ridder to me seems capable and I mean that as a compliment. His arm talent if you want to call it doesn't stack up to some others, but his maturity stands out. I think teams are going to value his mental makeup. That can't be discredited. And he's athletic enough to make up for not having the best arm. 

The problem for me is I don't see a high ceiling with Ridder. I'd rather just roll with Mariota who let's not forget is only 28. If we go QB, my preference is Willis because I think his ceiling is the highest. I wouldn't hate someone like Ridder, Corral, or even Howell because in the second the value is fine. I'd just rather go the route of building up this roster a bit more to help maximize that 5-year rookie contract window when a QB is selected. 

Alright, trying to reconcile myself with this selection from last night now. One thing I do notice on all of the London highlights that I didn't about any of the other prospects, he's a very good bad ball catcher. In other words, his QBs were trash, but yet he went up and caught the ball, maybe that's more important than the big play threat. 3 yards and a cloud of dust, boom boom boom. So if that's the case do we expect to see a RB with our first pick in the 2nd round? Does this team think, okay we'll load up with weapons in this draft and next year after being bad but having some excitement we'll get our QB to put in a stacked skillset squad?

Ridder is the only pick I dislike. Just don't see the upside for him. His absolute ceiling looks to be a Ryan Tannehill level QB which are guys you don't want as your franchise QB imo. Ultimately I think he ends up as a high end backup. 

Really think they should have rolled the dice with Willis. He has multiple elite traits which gives him top 5 potential. 

Like I said though, the rest of the picks are great. Willis instead of Ridder would have made this class amazing. 

Edited by JJ6

1 hour ago, JJ6 said:

Ridder is the only pick I dislike. Just don't see the upside for him. His absolute ceiling looks to be a Ryan Tannehill level QB which are guys you don't want as your franchise QB imo. Ultimately I think he ends up as a high end backup. 

Really think they should have rolled the dice with Willis. He has multiple elite traits which gives him top 5 potential. 

Like I said though, the rest of the picks are great. Willis instead of Ridder would have made this class amazing. 

Tannehill in the 3rd is a steal.