With the #11 Pick in the NFL Draft...

Raves

I thought we were giving up our extra 1st to move up.. i was so pissed...

the compensation is a lot better than I thought, I dont hate this pick at all... we have a lot of depth and great success turning camp bodies into contributers, we dont NEED the mid round picks.

Fine with this move, and shocked this team moved up for an actual need instead of a guy they just saw a value on

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dome said:

I thought we were giving up our extra 1st to move up.. i was so pissed...

the compensation is a lot better than I thought, I dont hate this pick at all... we have a lot of depth and great success turning camp bodies into contributers, we dont NEED the mid round picks.

Fine with this move, and shocked this team moved up for an actual need instead of a guy they just saw a value on

Not to mention, what real needs do the Saints have right now?  They replaced William with Maye so although a downgrade the defense is still in a phenomenal spot and will be the backbone of the team like it has the past few years.  The issue is the offense.  No legit #2 WR, Armstead was always hurt/now gone, and now there is questions about what will happen with Kamara but finding a manageable RB is easy nowadays.  So getting a true #2 WR, heck Olave could likely be a #1 WR on some teams, and then another punishing OT, Saints are going to be good this year if they stay healthy and Kamara isn't out for long.

6 hours ago, Raves said:

Not to mention, what real needs do the Saints have right now?  They replaced William with Maye so although a downgrade the defense is still in a phenomenal spot and will be the backbone of the team like it has the past few years.  The issue is the offense.  No legit #2 WR, Armstead was always hurt/now gone, and now there is questions about what will happen with Kamara but finding a manageable RB is easy nowadays.  So getting a true #2 WR, heck Olave could likely be a #1 WR on some teams, and then another punishing OT, Saints are going to be good this year if they stay healthy and Kamara isn't out for long.

Exactly. BPA in Round 2 and I'm satisfied with the draft.

I was also miffed when I saw we traded up, AND we all know the Vikings would have taken Olave (or should have). Like Dome, I thought we dumped our whole 1st round to move up 5.

As far as the Tackle selection. You guys, being from Iowa, I've watched this guy whoop the livin crap out of whoever was across from him for the last 3 years. He's huge, he's a road grater, and he's been durable. I'm thrilled we've got a corn fed lineman in the mix. He won't disappoint!

Good draft, so far!

• Like 1

If we can come away with Malik Willis or Sam Howell in the 2nd round I'll be very happy with this draft. If they both are picked, I'd also like Kenneth Walker in the 2nd round.

I've warmed up to Olave a bit as he wasnt my favorite WR on the board when we picked him. Hard to be too upset about a guy that is a great route runner, has great speed to beat teams deep, and has good hands to go with it. Generally a pretty safe bet for success in the NFL even if his "ceiling" might not be quite as high as Jameson Williams or Treylon Burks.

• Like 1