Who? MARCUS JONES. Patriots 3rd round pick

DoleINGout

They got him right where they had to.. I thought he would go in this range at the latest. The fact that he is small and didn't test at the combine hurt him.. but he certainly looks fast on tape. We can expect to see him and Jonathan Jones putting in a lot of work during those Miami games. 

I was nervous about him because of his size, injuries were a bit of a concern too.. but if there is one position I'll trust them to evaluate, it's DB. As long as he stays healthy I'm sure they will turn him into a great player. Just get an outside CB to go with him and I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Probably mine (and seems like most people's) favorite pick of this draft. Just watching him, one thing that stands out is that he definitely doesn't play like he's 5'8. I'm excited to see how they use his versatility. 

Ain't no Ellis Hobbs or whoever that dude was from Alabama that they drafted in the second round that some said was a returner. Marcus Jones is different. Like you said, plays bigger than 5'8.

Marcus Jones is the new nifty/shifty little slot receiver on the Pats. Inheriting the mantel from Troy Brown/Wes Welker/Julian Edelman but will be used probably as often as Danny Ammendola was. Just for clutch situations and not a lot of playing time, (albeit for Dola it was due to injuries, for Jones it will be due to playing defense and special teams primarily).