Official Yankees Thread

mission27

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I like Voit. He reminds me a lot of Giambi with his build and approach. Doesn’t chase much, ton of power.

Agree. 

Two things I really like:

He seems very comfortable to take the outside pitch the other way. He's got a somewhat "straight up" stance - not a lot of moving parts (just a small slide step) and you dont see him "bending or reaching" for pitches a lot (which plays into your "doesnt chase much" thought) - so if he "reaches" for a pitch, odds are its not far outside the strike zone and he can get some wood on it.

and -

The pitchers havent seemed to figure him out yet. Cross your fingers and knock on wood that lasts. It usually doesnt. Not with your average talents - they usually have a hole or weakness in their hitting.  He's only played in 29 games so not everybody's seen him yet - but the longer that goes and he's still producing - the more likely we've got talent that'll last - and that Greg Bird will need to up his game come Spring Training.

Voit's got the 2nd most HR's in the league since he's been playing regularly. He's hitting .323 with 9HRs ; 20 RBIs and 27 SOs. Thats production from First Base that we can live with. Hope it lasts or remains somewhat consistent. A nice bat added to our lineup.

Edited by Leader

Dont know how the schedule / rotation is gonna work out - but it was my call I wouldnt hand Tanaka the ball for the WC game.
His game is too fine. He needs the right Ump. Needs to get the right calls. He cant dominate.

The NY Post sums tonight up: Masahiro Tanaka wasn’t good, Chad Green gave up a homer, Aaron Hicks committed a costly throwing error, Steven Wright’s knuckleball was a mystery and Aroldis Chapman’s first game off the disabled list was a catastrophe.

1.5 over OAK

BALT for 3 
@ TPA for 4
@ BOS for 3 

And we lose again to the vaunted Baltimore Orioles as the "B" team bullpen fails:

"Possible wild-card starter J.A. Happ was staked to a 3-0 lead after one of Baltimore’s few serviceable starting pitchers, Alex Cobb, was forced from the game with an injury after just four pitches. But instead of putting away the dreadful Orioles, the Yankees let them hang around, as Happ lasted just five innings before he was pulled after throwing 107 pitches and giving up one run. Aaron Boone then began making some odd decisions, first going to A.J. Cole to start the sixth with the Yankees holding a two-run lead. While the Yankees have had to use a number of their high-leverage relievers in their playoff push as they try to hold off the A’s for the top wild-card spot, the decision to go to Cole — who has been dreadful for much of the second half — was strange. And it quickly backfired"

And we rack up a grand total of 4 hits:

"After scoring those three first-inning runs, the Yankees’ bats went to sleep. Baltimore relievers retired 19-of-21 batters from the first inning to the eighth"

The losers of 110 games - have played the NYY to a virtual standoff this year. Not sure what the season ending record is - but bet its closer to .500 than it should be.

I agree with the title of the article. The NYY will need to play better cause we're playing like ****.

Easy teams are putting us to the max and we're lucking out we're not losing more game than we are. We're not "handling" anybody.

I dont want your house - mine's nicer - so I wont accept your bet. Period.