The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I mean... Depends on how important acting is to him. He could easily go back to WWE full time anytime he wants and still make 7 figures a year.

You would think so but he’s tried to go back for one more run and they haven’t expressed any interest.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Obviously this is an important gig, but I dont think leaving it at this point in his acting career will hurt him all that much. He already has a vehicle movie on its way to theaters. He's been in other major franchises like Bond and Riddick. He's established at this point and could leave the MCU whenever he wanted without a significant effect to his acting career. 

Yea but that can change real quick if he basically tells Disney he doesn't need them. 

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why though? Why would that negatively impact his career if he decides to part ways?

Because he'd be blackballing himself from the biggest entertainment company in the world.  Yes, he'll find other work, but having 0 working relationship with a company that owns 40% of the domestic box office isn't a good thing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why though? Why would that negatively impact his career if he decides to part ways?

Disney controls like 40-50% of all movie business with the fox buyout.

He'll get blacklisted.

• Like 1

I don’t think Disney will blacklist Bautista. They understand the situation. It isn’t like Drax or any of the Guardians are crucial to the MCU. They will eventually get replaced by Nova, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Moondragon if they choose. Hell the X-Men will be back by that time and they can just add SWORD, and X-Men such as Beast and Kitty Pryde.

A new rumor has the James Gunn completed script being tossed which will delay the 2020 movie and easily allow new characters to movie in.

Disney will absolutely blacklist Bautista.  They've blacklisted people before, and for less.  If you think otherwise, look at the roles Gary Oldman was given between The Contender and the late 2000s until Spielberg finally got over his temper tantrum. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

His contract is up, but he seems to be really excited about playing Thor right now after these last 2 movies.

That would be nice, especially if he could fill in for RDJ in the cameo's for the future franchises. It would help tie the movies together better. RDJ is understandably tired of it so I don't blame him for wanting to call it quits.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

That would be nice, especially if he could fill in for RDJ in the cameo's for the future franchises. It would help tie the movies together better. RDJ is understandably tired of it so I don't blame him for wanting to call it quits.

I hope they go the comics route and RDJ becomes an AI.  He could keep racking in the big bucks while barely doing anything.