The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

But we didn't need 5 yards, we needed 1 foot. I have to go with Thai on this one. Having your guys pull on a play that the defense has almost no choice but to sell out for is a bad combo. That call, out of all the calls, upset me the most. Again, something Gruden has to improve on. 

Same with the hogs on the 80s, go watch our 1st Super Bowl highlights. Riggo off tackle, Roullier Judy got caught up at the line of scrimmage and missed Teo. Poor execution. Sure could have been 10 diff playcalls but no guarantee they work either.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Worked for years with the Hogs when they ran counter tray on short yardage. If our OL does their jobs then the plays goes for at least 5 and maybe more. They didn’t execute. 

Wake me when its the actual Hogs and we have an OL that can consistently do their jobs. 

Part of coaching is knowing your personnel. We have a subpar line right now. We needed 1/2 a yard. 

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Same with the hogs on the 80s, go watch our 1st Super Bowl highlights. Riggo off tackle, Roullier Judy got caught up at the line of scrimmage and missed Teo. Poor execution. Sure could have been 10 diff playcalls but no guarantee they work either.

Wake me also when Riggo is back there running and its 1983 again

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wake me also when Riggo is back there running and its 1983 again

Well we shouldn’t even run the ball then, because we only have 2 OL whole would start on that unit. Roullier missed his block, Scherff got pushed back as did Moses. Can’t expect Paul to block his guy and the ILB coming which he can’t  see because Roullier failed at his job.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well we shouldn’t even run the ball then, because we only have 2 OL whole would start on that unit. Roullier missed his block, Scherff got pushed back as did Moses. Can’t expect Paul to block his guy and the ILB coming which he can’t  see because Roullier failed at his job.

The call was awful. It should've been a sneak. Kirk would've got it. 

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not debating that but at the same time you all should admit that the play call that was made still should have been executed, and the center, pro bowl Rg, RT and HB failed to get the job done as well as the RB didn’t make the ILB miss.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Correct. A quick drive blocking man on man. You can double their inside tackle/s and get the 1/2 yard. Stretching it out gets more defenders involved snd allows more to make a play.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not debating that but at the same time you all should admit that the play call that was made still should have been executed, and the center, pro bowl Rg, RT and HB failed to get the job done as well as the RB didn’t make the ILB miss.

Yes. People need to do their jobs. The called play should've been run correctly.

The person who started the bad Domino effect was the playcaller, though. You keep it simple. You sneak the ball. You do not call a play that has a runner moving laterally, which in turn allows defenders to penetrate gaps.

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes. People need to do their jobs. The called play should've been run correctly.

The person who started the bad Domino effect was the playcaller, though. You keep it simple. You sneak the ball. You do not call a play that has a runner moving laterally, which in turn allows defenders to penetrate gaps.

Boooo xD Whatever play is called the players need to execute it. I’m sure as a coach you feel the same way when coaching your HS team or whatever.

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That doesn’t guarantee anything. So, you have faith in Allen to find this guy?

Out of respect he went from shabby to gruden who is Ann improvement so he's leaning towards better coaches atleast.

allen sucks to

i am off the train 

Archived