The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

IMO, with this banged up roster he's done a great job keeping the team competitive.  

Same here man. It’s unbelievable that we haven’t been eliminated from the playoffs yet, given the injuries and the fact that we had the toughest schedule in the nfl so far until this last month.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Same here man. It’s unbelievable that we haven’t been eliminated from the playoffs yet, given the injuries and the fact that we had the toughest schedule in the nfl so far until this last month.

Who cares he has made bad play calls!!!!!! The team only plays for him and he has kept this team competitive. We can barely even run practices and fans say we look unprepared. Well if he could field a team for the game much less a practice I’m sure he would. This team really looked tough on both sides before things went south on the injury front. I like Jay I think patience will pay off very well with this guy!!!

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Who cares he has made bad play calls!!!!!! The team only plays for him and he has kept this team competitive. We can barely even run practices and fans say we look unprepared. Well if he could field a team for the game much less a practice I’m sure he would. This team really looked tough on both sides before things went south on the injury front. I like Jay I think patience will pay off very well with this guy!!!

This team was making dumb mistakes before the injuries but they were able to overcome them due to having some talent. His mistakes are way more pronounced when he's missing some good players. Why Jay gets a pass for continuously doing stupid things over a four year period is beyond me?

I'd give him one more year to correct this stuff but that's it. This team constantly shows up unprepared and that's happened quite a bit over his tenure. Not to mention he has his own follies. 

On 12/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, lavar703 said:

This team was making dumb mistakes before the injuries but they were able to overcome them due to having some talent. His mistakes are way more pronounced when he's missing some good players. Why Jay gets a pass for continuously doing stupid things over a four year period is beyond me?

I'd give him one more year to correct this stuff but that's it. This team constantly shows up unprepared and that's happened quite a bit over his tenure. Not to mention he has his own follies. 

It’s really nothing new, the redskins coaches have been making since Gibbs 1.0. Nora was horrible at game managing and made plenty of questionable calls. 

Gibbs 2.0 didn’t have a clue what he was doing and didn’t understand a lot of the new rules in the nfl, Gregg Williams had to help him.

The Worst thing ever was the 2 timeouts Gibbs called back to back to ice their kicker when we had Buffalo beat the week after Sean Taylor died, it cost us 15 yards and then they kicked the game winner. I was there, it was miserable, if it was anyone but Gibbs who had made that mistake they would have been fired before they could hit the locker room after the game.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. Play calling probably below average - I'd really like to see an OC come in but I doubt his ego would go for it.

And...I really have reservations about a HC who says the only guy he has to return punts already has 4 fumbles trying to do so. I don't know that you fire him for just that but if anybody has a reasonable explanation I'd like to hear it. There's some pretty good punt returners whose numbers really fell off after their first year or 2. Patrick Peterson come to mind. This just might be about the best Jamison's going to be from this point forward as a PR.

15 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. Play calling probably below average - I'd really like to see an OC come in but I doubt his ego would go for it.

And...I really have reservations about a HC who says the only guy he has to return punts already has 4 fumbles trying to do so. I don't know that you fire him for just that but if anybody has a reasonable explanation I'd like to hear it. There's some pretty good punt returners whose numbers really fell off after their first year or 2. Patrick Peterson come to mind. This just might be about the best Jamison's going to be from this point forward as a PR.

I’d like to see Jamison not be a punt returner next year so he can focus more on just his craft as a wr.

We should make Chris Thompson, Fuller, Dunbar (who has to be able to return punts as he was a former WR),  Maurice Harris or Byron Marshall - if he’s back our 3rd or 4th RB - as the punt returner.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, turtle28 said:

It’s unbelievable that we haven’t been eliminated from the playoffs yet,

*stage whisper* We've been effectively eliminated from the playoffs for the past two weeks.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

*stage whisper* We've been effectively eliminated from the playoffs for the past two four weeks.

They were done when they lost to the Vikings.

Anyway, if you decide to release Gruden, you may as well let Cousins walk. It's not going to be worth keeping him around for a rebuild. By the time you're good enough and Cousins has figured out the system, he'll be on the down side of his career. Or so costly you won't be able to put together a decent team.

46 minutes ago, Slateman said:

They were done when they lost to the Vikings.

Anyway, if you decide to release Gruden, you may as well let Cousins walk. It's not going to be worth keeping him around for a rebuild. By the time you're good enough and Cousins has figured out the system, he'll be on the down side of his career. Or so costly you won't be able to put together a decent team.

I'm all for it I'm all for a rebuild as well.

but Danny should fire Allen to man

What reason, other than continuity or simply because "no one will come here", is there to keep Jay around? I'm genuinely curious to hear why people think he should stay.

We've never been able to run the ball during his tenure and it doesn't matter who's blocking. It shouldn't take 5 Pro Bowlers for this team to not get stuffed in the back field repeatedly. The undisciplined play has marred this team the entire time he's been here. Whether that's losing every season opener or struggling mightily at home. We can't play primetime games and expect to win because it basically never happens under his watch. 

He flat out refuses to hire a good defensive coordinator. The hiring of Joe Barry probably should've cost him his job. And now Manusky is clearly in over his head. At what point is enough, enough? And I don't want to hear about Allen because he should be gone regardless. 

Archived