The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Kind of in the boat I am here:

Grant is a Danny Prostitute- Bought and Paid for, Ridden Hard for peanuts and He still spouts the Danny LIne. That boy is PATHETIC.

Bet he do a Spurrier and would say " Ok, we wound up 5-11! Not very good! But there was some worse ‘un us. I guess that’s one positive way to look at it, we weren’t the worst team in the league. But it wadn’t very good."

He is an a perfect example of what is wrong with media today- They only have access and are bought and paid for by Danny.

Doc going rogue-  That boy is PATHETIC. 

27 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Grant is a Danny Prostitute- Bought and Paid for, Ridden Hard for peanuts and He still spouts the Danny LIne. That boy is PATHETIC.

Bet he do a Spurrier and would say " Ok, we wound up 5-11! Not very good! But there was some worse ‘un us. I guess that’s one positive way to look at it, we weren’t the worst team in the league. But it wadn’t very good."

He is an a perfect example of what is wrong with media today- They only have access and are bought and paid for by Danny.

Doc going rogue-  That boy is PATHETIC. 

Haha I don’t listen to the local DC radio so I didn’t know what Paulsen’s reputation is. I was hoping it wasn’t that. 

Who are some of the local reporters that you guys like? Who are the morons? I usually like guys like Mike Jones (even though he moved to USA Today) , JP Finely, and John Keim. 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This is probably why Dallas is stuck with Jason Garrett too.  He's a passable coach that isn't that impressive IMO, but he's willing to work with Jerry Jones.  

This is also why Marvin Lewis is still head coach in Cincinnati.

2 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Except, to date, it isn't the hardest schedule. It's tied for tenth.

Team Win Pct Opp Win Pct
Atlanta Falcons 0.556 0.576
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0.333 0.563
New Orleans Saints 0.778 0.549
San Francisco 49ers 0.100 0.545
Carolina Panthers 0.667 0.545
Miami Dolphins 0.500 0.541
Chicago Bears 0.333 0.538
New York Jets 0.400 0.528
Green Bay Packers 0.556 0.528
New York Giants 0.111 0.524
Washington Redskins 0.444 0.524
Houston Texans 0.333 0.510
New England Patriots 0.778 0.507
Buffalo Bills 0.556 0.503
Cleveland Browns 0.000 0.500
Oakland Raiders 0.444 0.500
Minnesota Vikings 0.778 0.500
Arizona Cardinals 0.444 0.490
Los Angeles Rams 0.778 0.490
Los Angeles Chargers 0.333 0.486
Detroit Lions 0.556 0.486
Indianapolis Colts 0.300 0.483
Denver Broncos 0.333 0.483
Dallas Cowboys 0.556 0.483
Seattle Seahawks 0.667 0.476
Kansas City Chiefs 0.667 0.472
Cincinnati Bengals 0.333 0.469
Baltimore Ravens 0.444 0.462
Pittsburgh Steelers 0.778 0.448
Tennessee Titans 0.667 0.441
Philadelphia Eagles 0.889 0.434
Jacksonville Jaguars 0.667 0.426

Keep in mind these SoS records are based on who the teams will play, not who they have played to date.

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So we're aspiring to be the Bengals? Simply so we can have a coach that lets himself get bossed around for a paycheck? Sigh

I didn't say that we're aspiring to the Bengals. I was giving another, less happy example of a coach who works with a meddlesome owner.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I generally agree with everything Grant says, and I agree here. I think the biggest disputes he and I have had this season involve Zach Brown. Grant doesn’t see or won’t admit that he’s a liability in coverage although he’s elite at everything else when Brown is asked to cover pretty much anyone, he struggles.

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So we're aspiring to be the Bengals? Simply so we can have a coach that lets himself get bossed around for a paycheck? Sigh

Let’s not forget that Gruden has nearly as good a record better as Gibbs 2.0 in 3 years and has a better record than Shanahan as the Redskins head coach. Those two guys are hall of fame coaches and he’s ahead of one and about equal to one in his first 3.5 years.

Also, most people when analyzing this roster would see how young we are in key spots and how many of our starters - and especially depth - are still developing. We’re still a few pieces and a few years away of being a perennial playoff team imo that would be considered a contender, and that’s if Kirk stays. If Kirk is gone, that sets us back at least 3 years and maybe as many as 5. 

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Let’s not forget that Gruden has nearly as good a record better as Gibbs 2.0 in 3 years and has a better record than Shanahan as the Redskins head coach. Those two guys are hall of fame coaches and he’s ahead of one and about equal to one in his first 3.5 years.

Also, most people when analyzing this roster would see how young we are in key spots and how many of our starters - and especially depth - are still developing. We’re still a few pieces and a few years away of being a perennial playoff team imo that would be considered a contender, and that’s if Kirk stays. If Kirk is gone, that sets us back at least 3 years and maybe as many as 5. 

I understand that but being young doesn't equate to being good. Rob Kelley is young, he's also not very good. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/11/14/given-redskins-lack-of-talent-jay-gruden-deserves-high-praise/?utm_term=.448b15c1193d

As a result of those offseason changes and injuries, Washington’s 2017 roster ranks 26th in talent per Pro Football Focus and yet Gruden has still managed to win four games, two of those quality wins against the Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams.

Gruden and the Redskins also have faced the most difficult schedule in the first 10 weeks of the season, according to Pro Football Reference. Washington’s opponents are collectively 3.2 points per game better than an average team. If that holds, it would be the second-most difficult slate of games in franchise history, narrowly falling behind the 1970 campaign which saw the Redskins finish the season 6-8.

The front office got an unscheduled makeover when General Manager Scot McCloughan was fired; the coaching staff said goodbye to defensive coordinator Joe Barry and lost its offensive coordinator, Sean McVay, to the Los Angeles Rams; two 1,000-yard receivers, DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garçon, left in free agency; and strong safety Su’a Cravens, a second-round pick in 2016, informed the team he wanted to retire. Injuries made Gruden’s task even more difficult — Washington had to play against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 9 without starting offensive linemen Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff, Shaun Lauvao and Spencer Long in addition to wide receiver Jamison Crowder, tight end Jordan Reed, defensive linemen Jonathan Allen and Matt Ioannidis and linebacker Mason Foster … and still managed to walk away with a win.

Archived