Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

19 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Can Michael Carter keep this up or should he be considered a sell high candidate? 

I'd keep Michael Carter. He played 60% of their snaps and had 10 carries/9 targets on Sunday. Their OC said that he's going to be the heart and soul of their offense this year. I think Hall will get a bigger role as the year goes on but Carter's ability as a receiver will keep him relevant if you're in a PPR format. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd keep Michael Carter. He played 60% of their snaps and had 10 carries/9 targets on Sunday. Their OC said that he's going to be the heart and soul of their offense this year. I think Hall will get a bigger role as the year goes on but Carter's ability as a receiver will keep him relevant if you're in a PPR format. 

Yeah I saw that as well. Idk just something about him makes me want to try and flip him for someone else, because like you said I feel like Hall will be the main back at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I saw that as well. Idk just something about him makes me want to try and flip him for someone else, because like you said I feel like Hall will be the main back at the end of the year.

I think it will be pretty similar to Gordon/Javonte last season in Denver. 

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

He di pretty well last year for the Jets, just had injury problems, iirc.

I know but I'm saying the split between Carter/Hall will be similar to what we saw in Denver last year. Where everyone expects the young back to take over but the veteran guy still gets a healthy amount of touches so it caps both of their ceilings. 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Is it crazy to drop Russell Wilson? 
This is a shallow 10 man league. I also have Jalen Hurts. I just don’t see myself ever playing Russell Wilson. Would rather stash another RB with league winning potential 

Do not drop Russell Wilson dude... it's one game on a new team. He is still a Top 10 QB Lock with Top 5-7 potential. 

So what I'm learning my first year playing bestball is for Full PPR (DraftKings, Drafters, FFPC) a WR-WR-WR approach is the most optimal. Whereas in Half PPR (Underdog) RB-RB-WR is most optimal. 

Here is my highest performing team for Week 1 out of my 106 drafts:

TeamDK.png

(Only showing part of my bench, this is a 20 player roster)

This is the ONLY draft out of 106 drafts that I started WR-WR-WR-WR:

1. Adams

2. Hill

3. Pittman

4. Sutton

For RB's I have Brian Robinson and JK Dobbins on the bench. If Robinson comes back. This team would of been super stacked if Robinson didn't get shot. 

This team is in 1st and Top 5% of tournament atm

Trying to open up a little bit more flexibility on my receiver group. 

Think I'm going to offer Jeff Wilson + Rashad Penny for Mike Williams. 

Guy with Williams has a prety meh team overall. Williams is his second best wr with his best being Chase and his third best being Amari. 

His running backs are in bad shape. He drafted Cam Akers, which seems bad. His other is Dobbins, and who knows when he's going to be back. After that he has Pollard (value way down with the Dak injury) and Mostert (can't feel good about that right now). 

I have about 6 total running backs. JT / Barkley to start, Edmonds as a flex / 3rd + Darrell Henderson as an RB4. Not sure I can trust the last one to get the kind of volume he got in that first game, but if so, I think that's a guy I have to keep. 

I like Penny well enough, but don't thikn the value will be there in PPR and Wilson is a guy the 9ers trust and will get his reps, but isn't always the best running back. 

The alternative is maybe just offering one of those guys for Cooper instead, but I don't have a lot of faith in Cooper with Jacoby under center. 

Hmmm. 

He wants to talk Herbert for Barkley. I have Kyler and cousins right now so that's no good. But I could maybe move Kyler for someone. I think the guy who has kamara would be into that deal, but I'm not sure how bullish on kamara I am. 

He may be open to Kyler for Pittman, but that would leave my RB2 situation in rough shape 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hmmm. 

He wants to talk Herbert for Barkley. I have Kyler and cousins right now so that's no good. But I could maybe move Kyler for someone. I think the guy who has kamara would be into that deal, but I'm not sure how bullish on kamara I am. 

He may be open to Kyler for Pittman, but that would leave my RB2 situation in rough shape 

I’d get Pittman any way I can get him, I don’t think Week 1 is a mirage, you can expect those games all year.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’d get Pittman any way I can get him, I don’t think Week 1 is a mirage, you can expect those games all year.

I agree, but the RB2 situation is pretty ugly if I make that move. I want to figure out a way to get kamara and Pittman 😂