2022 Game Predictions / New thread - The ghost of E3

Kiltman

Always a fun thread to see where everyone thinks the various game companies might be up to. 

Unfortunately with E3 and companies doing their own thing or opting out, the news blast is now spread out.

Still we have a likely PSVR2 show today June 2nd. Just got a new Pokémon trailer, Game Fest opening night is next Thursday, Xbox/Bethesda is on that Sunday and more.

So what is gonna be at….

- The Xbox/Bethesda showcase?

- The Various Sony State of Play’s?

- When and what do we get from Nintendo next? 

- Summer Gamefest: Opening Night?

- What’s Ubisoft, EA, and Take-two up to?

- Etc

PlayStation State of Play June 2nd

- Resident Evil 4 Remake (3.24.2023)
 PSVR2 content coming too

- PSVR2 Titles section
 Resident Evil Village | The Walking Dead S&S | No Man’s Sky | Horizon: Call of the Mountain

- Horizon Forbidden West Update, out Now
   NG+, transmog, and more improvements

- Spider-Man (remastered) coming to PC in August 12th

- Stray (the cat game)gets another trailer, coming to PS4/5 July 19th. On the higher tiers of the new PS+ Free.

- Callisto Protocol, Dec 2nd, 2022. Multiplat Cross gen Dead Space clone by a lot of ex-Visceral devs.

- Rollerdrome, a roller skating action shooter with the same artstyle that Sable had. light Grindhouse/Anime sorta feel. Aug 16th Crossgen and PC

- Eternights, looks like a Anime/action/Dating & School Sim mix. Early next year cross gen

- Street Fighter 6, there is some exploration it seems and a hub world. 2023 on PS5/4, Xbox Series X/S and PC

- Some indies
 Tunic, a well liked legend of Zelda clone that came out a couple months ago, coming to PlayStation 5/4 September 27th.
 Season: A letter to the Future ~A artsy  exploration game coming the fall to PS5/4. Looks like a 3rd person walking sim…but you get a bike!

- Final Fantasy 16 trailer, PlayStation exclusive coming Summer 2023

Gamefest Opening night attendees 

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The Xbox/Bethesda showcase?

They're all in on Starfield right?  I was trying to find any updates on Elder Scrolls 6 the other day and they're basically like ya we aren't talking about that till Starfield comes out. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They're all in on Starfield right?  I was trying to find any updates on Elder Scrolls 6 the other day and they're basically like ya we aren't talking about that till Starfield comes out. 

Yep, especially with the Starfield delay to the beginning of 2023. The studio is massive so work is being done, and shouldn’t take as long as Starfield has (no COVID delays and they don’t need to totally create a new universe and are reusing the engine they made for Starfield).

but it’s a pipe dream to get it before 2026 probably.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Willing to bet ES6 will be vastly inferior to Skyrim in terms of story and depth 

Curious if they’ll continue to go down the route they are with Starfield, making you make more RPG decisions again. That alone could really improve on what Skyrim did.

If it is truly just High Rock & Hammerfell again, I wonder if we a big improvement on how they handle water/sea. The cities being more dense and layered would be a given.

ezuf8p05e2411.jpg

that’d get it to about Skyrim map size if that is playable space. Would make a good secondary start point, going off what Todd said he wanted to do for Starfield. So you pick your race and background and have a unique start, but then you get that “this is where the game starts second start out on the water. Think like in Cyberpunk where each background started it’s own way and you all met Jackie and then the heist goes down the same way for everyone, then the game really starts.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Curious if they’ll continue to go down the route they are with Starfield, making you make more RPG decisions again. That alone could really improve on what Skyrim did.

If it is truly just High Rock & Hammerfell again, I wonder if we a big improvement on how they handle water/sea. The cities being more dense and layered would be a given.

ezuf8p05e2411.jpg

that’d get it to about Skyrim map size if that is playable space. Would make a good secondary start point, going off what Todd said he wanted to do for Starfield. So you pick your race and background and have a unique start, but then you get that “this is where the game starts second start out on the water. Think like in Cyberpunk where each background started it’s own way and you all met Jackie and then the heist goes down the same way for everyone, then the game really starts.

Is the guess that it'll be in Hammerfell again just because the trailer showed some mountain regions? 

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Is the guess that it'll be in Hammerfell again just because the trailer showed some mountain regions? 

Yeah it’s how it looked plus some hints in Skyrim. 

https://screenrant.com/elder-scrolls-6-location-skyrim-easter-eggs-hammerfell/

In terms of a concise, diverse location it makes sense. I vaguely remember rumors that it would just include High Rock as well.

OIP.JmsIRAWlNEUceTfgJaf5lwHaFW?pid=ImgDe

would be able to continue some lore stuff from Skyrim but do your own thing. 

A Valenwood / Elsweyr would be a lot different but doable, Sommerset Isles are a bit small, not enough going on in Black Marsh

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it’s how it looked plus some hints in Skyrim. 

https://screenrant.com/elder-scrolls-6-location-skyrim-easter-eggs-hammerfell/

In terms of a concise, diverse location it makes sense. I vaguely remember rumors that it would just include High Rock as well.

OIP.JmsIRAWlNEUceTfgJaf5lwHaFW?pid=ImgDe

would be able to continue some lore stuff from Skyrim but do your own thing. 

A Valenwood / Elsweyr would be a lot different but doable, Sommerset Isles are a bit small, not enough going on in Black Marsh

Didn't ES2 already cover this region though? 

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Didn't ES2 already cover this region though? 

yep, but it came out in 1996 and looked like this.
A lot of room to do something new, I'm not sure how much of the fanbase has even played those ones.

R.e99d568749e4f2bdcefebd139e430fd7?rik=I

PlayStation State of Play June 2nd

- Resident Evil 4 Remake (3.24.2023)
 PSVR2 content coming too

- PSVR2 Titles section
 Resident Evil Village | The Walking Dead S&S | No Man’s Sky | Horizon: Call of the Mountain

- Horizon Forbidden West Update, out Now. NG+, transmog, and more improvements

- Spider-Man (remastered) coming to PC in August 12th

- Stray (the cat game)gets another trailer, coming to PS4/5 July 19th. On the higher tiers of the new PS+ Free.

- Callisto Protocol, Dec 2nd, 2022. Multiplat Cross gen Dead Space clone by a lot of ex-Visceral devs.

- Rollerdrome, a roller skating action shooter with the same artstyle that Sable had. light Grindhouse/Anime sorta feel. Aug 16th Crossgen and PC

- Eternights, looks like a Anime/action/Dating & School Sim mix. Early next year cross gen

- Street Fighter 6, there is some exploration it seems and a hub world. 2023 on PS5/4, Xbox Series X/S and PC

- Some indies
 Tunic, a well liked legend of Zelda clone that came out a couple months ago, coming to PlayStation 5/4 September 27th.
 Season: A letter to the Future ~A artsy  exploration game coming the fall to PS5/4. Looks like a 3rd person walking sim…but you get a bike!

- Final Fantasy 16 trailer, PlayStation exclusive coming Summer 2023

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Not really for me, but seems like a State of Play a lot would like.  If you like zombies, this seemed for you.

Ha I almost joked about the amount of Zombie games. Fun little show, FF16 gameplay looked cool as a non-fan of the franchise. Was into Rollerdrome, it is weird that they did pretty much a 1to1 artstyle to another indie game in Sable.

Not much to get too excited about but just some updates and further looks. I figured they would hold onto anything impressive until a second summer show. They typically don’t like to go first.

• Like 1

Thinking about what would be the “one be more thing” for Xbox.

- Indiana Jones if it’s exclusive and further along. Or if Machinegames really does have Wolfenstein 3 and it’s coming out this year.

- The potential exclusive Mando game That’s been thrown out there or if they decided to do a Marvel game (no rumors of that)

- Avowed gameplay if they are moving it up into November/December (otherwise I think it is early in the show)

- Project Midnight I think starts or finishes the show. Been working on it awhile, beefed up the studio, going to be a Sony style 3rd person action game so it shows well.