C Brook Lopez, Maxi Kleber

@champ11

G: Jrue Holiday // Bones Hyland // Jose Alvarado

G: Zach LaVine // Seth Curry

F: Bojan Bogdanovich // Kevin Huerter

F: Giannis Antetokounmpo // Scottie Barnes // Davis Bertans

C : Jusuf Nurkic // Ivica Zubac

Coach: Mike Malone

Battle of the 11's. Let them defend their teams.

Questions for sanchez:

How do you plan to use Simmons?

How do you plan to stop Giannis?

Question for Champ:

How concerned are you about Jrue being hot/cold, and Lavine not having a stellar postseason resume?

How do you deal with your opponents length?

47 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Questions for sanchez:

How do you plan to use Simmons?

How do you plan to stop Giannis?

Ben mainly as a PnR roll guy/dribble handoff guy. Plus transition playmaker/finisher. Get him post touches if smalls get switched onto him. 

He starts Nurkic so we'll start Ben on Giannis and have Lopez sit in the paint helping off Nurkic. Then we have the best player I have ever seen guard Giannis in Grant Williams. We can play Ben at center and Grant at PF or Grant/Lopez or Grant/Maxi for stretches. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Ben mainly as a PnR roll guy/dribble handoff guy. Plus transition playmaker/finisher. Get him post touches if smalls get switched onto him. 

He starts Nurkic so we'll start Ben on Giannis and have Lopez sit in the paint helping off Nurkic. Then we have the best player I have ever seen guard Giannis in Grant Williams. We can play Ben at center and Grant at PF or Grant/Lopez or Grant/Maxi for stretches. 

Nvm, I misread. If you primarily use him off-ball are you worried about a lack of playmaking?

Edited by Bullet Club

11sanchez11   vs   champ11
D Bane 0       J Holiday 1
B Ingram 0       Z Lavine 1
J Tatum 1       B Bogdanovich 0
B Simmons 0       Giannis 1
B Lopez 1       J Nurkic 0
Starters 2       Starters 3

K Lowry         B Hyland  
A Caruso         J Alvarado  
D Melton         S Curry  
G Hayward         K Huerter  
G Williams         S Barnes  
J McDaniels         D Bertans  
M Kleber         I Zubac  
Bench 0       Bench 1

Subtotal 2       Subtotal 4

Tiebreaker? No       Tiebreaker? No

Winner champ11

This feels like a bad matchup for @11sanchez11 's team.  He went with a lot of switchable wings, but is pretty weak at Guard and he ran into a team with two legit starting Guards. Then there's Giannis, who's the best player in this series. I also like @champ11 's bench with a lot of shooters. I voted for champ's team. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

If you primarily use him off-ball are you worried about a lack of playmaking?

no not really, ben can bring the ball up and go into a dribble handoff or set an off ball screen for bane and playmake off the roll. the coach is kerr so we can use him a little like draymond. 

plus tatum is the #1 playmaker for the team who is the favorite to win the title irl and he's like my 4th ish best passer. tatum averaged 4.4 assists to 2.9 TOs (1.5 A/T) but I have a bunch of dudes who averaged 3.5+ assists with better than a two to one A/T ratio. Ingram was at 5.6 assist to 2.7 TOs (2.1 A/T), Lowry was at 7.5 to 2.7 (2.8 a/t), Caruso was 4 to 1.4 (2.9 a/t),  Hayward was at 3.6 to 1.7 (2.1 a/t), Ben at 7.7 to 3.4 (2.3 a/t) for his career.  I think passing is a strength of the team. I doubt too many teams have 6 players who averaged 3.5 or more assists on their team. 

I couldn't decide to start Bane or Lowry. If we are giving credit to this year's regular season Lowry than that is a perfect fit but ppl saw him in the playoffs when he was out of shape after missing a month of basketball going against one of the best defenses of the last 20 years and he looked rough. Lowry had a 60 TS% this year which is crazy, it was the same as Curry this year. Lowry had a great reg szn. And he is also one of the best shooters in the NBA so he brings a lot of the same things Bane does as an off ball mover/shooter. But he was tragic in the playoffs and idk if ppl will credit him for how good he is. 

look at lowry man. only Curry, Harden, Trae, and Lillard are above him. dude's a great fit if we are giving credit to how good a healthy lowry is. 

lowry is a GOAT role player lol

every perimeter player except jrue is a pretty bad defensive player for champ. the bucks were 14th in drating this year. because lopez missed almost the entire year. so what i am saying is giannis needs a great defensive player like lopez next to him to even field a good defense lol. i think nurkic legitimately had the worst defensive fg% at the rim this year for any big who qualified and that is like his strength on defense, being big. He is also a very bad defensive player. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

went with sanchez..its a coin flip on paper but if dude closes games out with Grant Williams-Simmons-Ingram-Bane-Tatum. BI the worst defender out them all and he still has elite length to bother shots. Guy can switch everything with that line up and I can see Nurkic being abused in PnR action. id imagine champ would then sub in Barnes and move Giannis to the 5. And then its a who can shoot better contest. Grant Will shot damn well and a better spot up shooter than Barnes so I think thats the difference.

Giannis is at his best with his line up all shooters. I see he has Bertans on his squad but his defensive ability is bad. think you gotta live and die with Barnes and hope he has a good shooting night because most teams would sag off and dare him to make it.

Sorry guys - did not get on yesterday. Kudos to @11sanchez11 for putting together a really cool team - an immensely talented defensive team. 

First thing I will say is I hope people weren't voting assuming Nurkic and Zubac would play a large role in this series. That is my depth chart, but I think my rotation would look very different for this series. Like I said previously - I didn't love how the center board fell for me and I ended up prioritizing shooting over the big man. And in this series there is not anyone for Nurkic or Zu to defend - though I do think they could be effective on the boards. Honestly, I am not the biggest Nurk fan and think Zubac is the more reliable player. Nurk at his best is good to very good - I just watched him last year put up a solid performance in the playoffs against the best center alive - but he can be very up and down. I grabbed Zu as a guy that I knew I could trust in most matchups for 10-15 minutes.

My rotation would look something like this:

G: LaVine (38) // Curry (10)

G: Holiday (38) // Huerter (5) // Curry (10)

F: Barnes (18 - and starting) // Bogdanovich (20) // Huerter (10) 

F: Antetokounmpo (28) // Bogdanovich (14) // Bertans (6)

C : Zubac (15) // Barnes (21) // Antetokounmpo (12)

Closing lineup likely: LaVine/Holiday/Bogdonavich/Antetokounmpo/ Barnes ........ that is very very good IMO 

I would start Scottie to ensure I had a great matchup for either Ingram or Tatum. I picked Bojan and Scottie next to each other knowing that wing defense isn't where Bojan excels (tho he is honestly solid and just a very good all around player) in case there was a wing heavy matchup. Holiday can guard the other guy. Really could go between Zu or Nurk as the token center minutes depending on form - but like I said, Zu is the more consistent player so going to have him in there. If the guard play was a huge matchup advantage - coach could go to Bones and cut Curry or Huerter's minutes as Bones is a very tough guard.

At the end of the day my team doesn't need a lot of creativity to see the vision. I have arguably the best and most dominant player in the world on both ends surrounded by great shooting and solid playmaking. I start and close with 3 elite defenders (Holiday, Barnes, Antetokounmpo). The most important quality I was looking for in my second selection was a ballhandler that can create his own shot down the stretch of a playoff game as that is obviously the missing piece from Giannis' game. Zach the last two regular seasons: 25.8/4.8/4.7 on 49/40/85 and 62 TS%. He's kind of ridiculously good and was comfortable being a complimentary player this season in Chicago. I think Barnes plays a HUGE role on this team and in this series as a guy that fills the gaps and plays 3-5. He averaged close to 8 rebounds a game and would need to focus on the glass and defending.

As for the matchup a bit more - Sanchez put together a team with a ton of wings. Definitely a lot of guys to throw at Giannis. I think the guard play is a concern for them and Caruso and Lowry would need to play significant minutes in this series to matchup. I don't think the reality would be the huge lineup playing big minutes. Defensively that squad is spooky for sure - what I would expect from a wing heavy squad - but the questions come on offense. There is not a lot of spacing or shooting (esp with Ben Simmons being on the floor & Brook is a classic shoot but not make guy) and  and I think generally speaking that team would be putting a TON of scoring load on Ingram and Tatum. Those two have 100% improved as playmakers - but they still operate in a way that getting ISO buckets is their MO. They are not surrounded by much shooting and I think it would be tough for them to score with my team for a whole series - throw defenders at them and make them into passers to non-scorers or they have to get tough buckets. Ingram shot 32% on 3s on only 4 attempts per game this past season - I think those two are a bit of a tough fit together offensively or at least pretty significant diminishing returns.

I'm not a Ben Simmons fan. I think he makes this team a lot clunkier than it needed to be and don't see him bringing very much to the table. Makes the team easier to guard. And this is after him having a brutal playoff run followed by a skipped season.

We know Giannis is going to get his - I am not going to be playing guys that team is going to want to help off of. So I think there is a great likelihood Giannis would be the best player in this series. Total respect for Sanchez team putting together a great team defensively, but I think the brute force of Giannis surrounded by 3 solid to great creators in LaVine/Bojan/Holiday and the complimentary shooting of the role players would be enough to overpower the defense in this matchup. 

And obviously not to go at Sanchez's team - I think by the results it's a really good matchup and looking forward to the results! 

22 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Question for Champ:

How concerned are you about Jrue being hot/cold, and Lavine not having a stellar postseason resume?

How do you deal with your opponents length?

I don't think any concern with Jrue. He's overtaxed as the second option (this years playoffs) but completely solid as the 3rd / 4th option (last years playoffs). 

I think it's an interesting matchup because obviously the focus was on wings for Sanchez. I'm not overly concerned with our matchup with their offense - potential rotation above with Barnes playing heavy minutes - but I definitely think it would be a dogfight on their defensive end. End of the day I think I would rely on my guard play and guard creation to force that team to go smaller. With Giannis as the other dancing partner in the PnR for both the guards I am confident they could create looks and blow by the longer defenders. Surrounding shooting should give solid spacing. But not doubt I think that's the interesting matchup

21 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I don't think any concern with Jrue. He's overtaxed as the second option (this years playoffs) but completely solid as the 3rd / 4th option (last years playoffs). 

I think it's an interesting matchup because obviously the focus was on wings for Sanchez. I'm not overly concerned with our matchup with their offense - potential rotation above with Barnes playing heavy minutes - but I definitely think it would be a dogfight on their defensive end. End of the day I think I would rely on my guard play and guard creation to force that team to go smaller. With Giannis as the other dancing partner in the PnR for both the guards I am confident they could create looks and blow by the longer defenders. Surrounding shooting should give solid spacing. But not doubt I think that's the interesting matchup

How would you plan on defending Simmons?

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

How would you plan on defending Simmons?

If he's able to stay on the floor I think I'd have Giannis on him with Holiday/Barnes/Bogi matched up on the scoring wings. Giannis can float and defend the paint. I see Simmons being on the floor as a huge plus for us defensively