1. 1. Who wins?

• Tyronnosaurus
    • MKnight82

@Tyronnosaurus

HC: Jason Kidd

G: Lonzo Ball | Davion Mitchell

G: Steph Curry | Jordan Poole

F: Klay Thompson | Devin Vassell | Deni Avdija

F: Cam Johnson | Aaron Gordon | Kelly Oubre Jr.

😄 Bam Adebayo | Steven Adams

----------------------------------------------

@MKnight82

PG: Cade Cunningham / Patty Mills / Gary Payton II

SG: Damian Lillard / Malik Monk

SF: Paul George / RJ Barrett

PF: John Collins / Tobias Harris / Brandon Clarke

C: Mitchell Robinson / Onyeka Okongwu 

Coach: Mike Budenholzer

Edited by NYRaider

I'll do a more in depth write-up later, but for anyone voting I think my team would probably run a starting lineup of Damian Lillard, RJ Barrett, Paul George, Tobias Harris, John Collins for this matchup. Cunningham would run the 2nd unit offense, RJ comes in for defense with the starters and I go small with Collins at the 5 as Bam is more quick than powerful so I think speed would be more important defensively than true rim protection as his team is most going to just be jacking up 3s. Harris gives me more versatility there too. 

PG: Damian Lillard / Cade Cunningham / Patty Mills / Gary Payton II

SG: RJ Barrett / Malik Monk

SF: Paul George / Spill over minutes between Barrett, Harris, Cunningham

PF: Tobias Harris / Brandon Clarke

C: John Collins / Mitchell Robinson / Onyeka Okongwu 

Edited by MKnight82

Questions for Ty:

How do you plan on dealing with MK's rim pressure from all across the floor? What's your offensive strategy going to look like?

Questions for MK:

How do you plan to defend Curry, especially in a Curry/Bam PNR? How do you plan to maximize your starting lineup with so many guys who want the ball?

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

How do you plan to defend Curry, especially in a Curry/Bam PNR?

Probably try to hide Dame on Klay, Klay can still shoot but he's just a catch and shoot guy he's not really going to be driving past anyone at this point.  That puts RJ and George on Steph and Lonzo.  They can both shoot but I like the length in their faces there. I think RJ's primary responsibility in this series will be shadowing Steph on defense. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

How do you plan to maximize your starting lineup with so many guys who want the ball?

Dame will be the primary option with George as the secondary guy. RJ will have his hands full on defense so will just be be a catch & shoot option on offense. I know that's not his primary role on the Knicks but he did take 27.5% of his 3s in catch and shoot situations this past year (and he made 41% of them). Tobias Harris is pretty used to being a 3rd or 4th option so I don't really see him having a problem.  With Collins at the 5 I could go with 5 out too and he could be putting up 3s as well (he hit 36.6% in catch & shoot situations this past season from 3). 

Then with the backups you bring Cade in to run that group, have Patty Mills and Malik Monk in to give him some shooters to dish to. Might have Okongwu and Brandon Clarke playing some minutes at the 4 & 5 to help that second unit.  Honestly unless Adams enters the game this isn't really the series for Mitchell Robinson.  Might even go with a 3 guard lineup with the backups, Cade, Mills, Monk, Clarke, Okongwu.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

Struggling with this one , I love MKnight’s team but that offense is going to impossible to stop.  Ball is essentially Curry’s new Draymond on offense here only he can hit open 3’s. Going to sleep on it. In other words this one will be decided by how Curry plays tonight.