NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Kyrie and James don’t hate each other lol. Was he unhappy that he wouldn’t get vaccinated which forced him to consider his future there? Sure. But he was fell out with Steve Nash. Had no issues playing with him on the court though and they did get along. Now they’re not buddy-buddy like Russ/Harden but there this tension between them that people think. People gotta remember back at the time of the trade, there was no sign or certainty at the time of when the mandate would be lifted. 

Take your one first round pick and be happy. 😉

I keep reading reports on "KD would go to the Raptors and be fully committed but only if its with Siakam/Barnes and VanVleet" or "KD would go to the Heat but only if its with Butler, Bam, and Lowry". I think its really a joke. KD act like he is a FA. He isnt. He is the biggest trade piece in the history of the NBA and if he think the Nets are going to get little to nothing for him just to send him to a team to be how he wants that team to be then he is delusional.

Its one thing for a player to say "I want to go to the Heat". Its another thing for that player to say "I want to go to the Heat but only if Im playing with Butler, Bam, and Lowry". If the Nets cant get a package that will satisfy themselves then they need to keep KD on the roster. They dont have to trade him. KD is under contract with the Nets for the next four years. The Nets can play the long game with KD. Again Im all for player empowerment but there is a line that need to be crossed.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I keep reading reports on "KD would go to the Raptors and be fully committed but only if its with Siakam/Barnes and VanVleet" or "KD would go to the Heat but only if its with Butler, Bam, and Lowry". I think its really a joke. KD act like he is a FA. He isnt. He is the biggest trade piece in the history of the NBA and if he think the Nets are going to get little to nothing for him just to send him to a team to be how he wants that team to be then he is delusional.

Its one thing for a player to say "I want to go to the Heat". Its another thing for that player to say "I want to go to the Heat but only if Im playing with Butler, Bam, and Lowry". If the Nets cant get a package that will satisfy themselves then they need to keep KD on the roster. They dont have to trade him. KD is under contract with the Nets for the next four years. The Nets can play the long game with KD. Again Im all for player empowerment but there is a line that need to be crossed.

He's 34 years old.

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's 34 years old.

You missed my point completely.

Its one thing for a player to have a list of teams he want to play for. Its another thing to start saying he wont go to certain teams unless certain players are there. I cant think of any instances where a player have done that. Now from the teams side I get the Heat is saying Ill trade for KD but Im not parting ways with Bam. But if reports are true and KD is saying I want to go to the Heat but only if Bam, Butler, and Lowry is there then thats too much. Again he isnt a FA. If he was then ok choose your destination based on who you want to play with. Basically KD want the Nets to hand him over to his preferred destination. Thats not how things operate especially for someone like KD. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

😂😂😂

If I can recall, I brought this same idea up and people on here laughed at me. I hope it happens for 1) bc it would be a great trade for the Nets and 2) for me to laugh right back at everyone who laughed at me for saying it would be interesting if the Warriors traded this package to the Nets for KD.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You missed my point completely.

Its one thing for a player to have a list of teams he want to play for. Its another thing to start saying he wont go to certain teams unless certain players are there. I cant think of any instances where a player have done that. Now from the teams side I get the Heat is saying Ill trade for KD but Im not parting ways with Bam. But if reports are true and KD is saying I want to go to the Heat but only if Bam, Butler, and Lowry is there then thats too much. Again he isnt a FA. If he was then ok choose your destination based on who you want to play with. Basically KD want the Nets to hand him over to his preferred destination. Thats not how things operate especially for someone like KD. 

My point is you're not going to be able to play the "he's under contract" card. He's going to get what he wants because he's Kevin Durant. The Nets have no leverage right now. Kyrie? Sure, you can John Wall him for a year but KD is 34 years old and under contract for 4 years. If he wants out, he's getting out.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If I can recall, I brought this same idea up and people on here laughed at me. I hope it happens for 1) bc it would be a great trade for the Nets and 2) for me to laugh right back at everyone who laughed at me for saying it would be interesting if the Warriors traded this package to the Nets for KD.

You can dream all you want. Marc Spears is good for retweeting people that actually break news. He's not connected to anything.

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Marc Spears saying that is no different than you or I saying that.  He simply speculated with no sources saying it was even being discussed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My point is you're not going to be able to play the "he's under contract" card. He's going to get what he wants because he's Kevin Durant. The Nets have no leverage right now. Kyrie? Sure, you can John Wall him for a year but KD is 34 years old and under contract for 4 years. If he wants out, he's getting out.

The Nets have plenty of leverage. KD just signed a 4yr extension so if they dont trade him right now, whats going to happen? He is not going to play ball? That will make him look bad bc the main thing we think about with KD is he just want to show up and hoop. If he doesnt show up and hoop then you can add to not only he isnt a leader but he doesnt truly want to show up and hoop. The Nets isnt going to hand him over to nobody. So KD and his agent could say he want to go to a specific team to play with specific players but that team isnt going to give the Nets their leftovers plus picks just to satisfy KD. And if Im the Nets Id straight up tell KD, if you dont like where we are going to send you bc of the trade package then sit out for the next 4yrs till you are 38yrs old then you wil become a FA and is free to sign anywhere you want.

Edited by stl4life07

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Marc Spears saying that is no different than you or I saying that.  He simply speculated with no sources saying it was even being discussed.

Notice the 'could' and potentially in the tweet. My dude is pulling that out of thin air.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

The Nets have plenty of leverage. KD just signed a 4yr extension so if they dont trade him right now, whats going to happen? He is not going to play ball? That will make him look bad bc the main thing we think about with KD is he just want to show up and hoop. If he doesnt show up and hoop then people will really start to look at him differently. The Nets isnt going to hand him over to nobody. So KD and his agent could say he want to go to a specific team to play with specific players but that team isnt going to give the Nets their leftovers plus picks just to satisfy KD. And if Im the Nets Id straight up tell KD, if you dont like where we are going to send you bc of the trade pack then sit out for the next 4yrs till you are 38yrs old then you wil become a FA and is free to sign anywhere you want.

Come back to the real world, my guy. You've been missing from it for a while.