NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are 8 players in the NBA over the last two years to average 25 ppg/5 apg. Luka, Donovan, Durant, LeBron, Giannis, Jokic, Curry, and Trae. 

There's Waldo! There he is. Easy to spot in this one.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gobert is much better then Ayton

Head Explode Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rudy Gobert trade completely ruined the trade market in terms of picks. I don't blame you for wanting that type of compensation considering Gobert went for four 1sts and one pick swap, but GM's around the league all agree that was just Ainge taking advantage of a new owner trying to make a stamp on the franchise. It aint happening again.

I'm not sure we will ever see that type of abuse again in a deal. People are weary of dealing with Ainge, but the Knicks are desperate so who knows.

It's similar to the Watson deal in the NFL. It went so far past the actual market that it's freezing everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

There's Waldo! There he is. Easy to spot in this one.

Head Explode Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Donovan Mitchell gets you to the playoffs every year, LeBron and AD can't do that for you in the West.

Kyrie just confirmed that he's committed to playing in Brooklyn, but I thought a Lakers trade was done G?

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rudy Gobert trade completely ruined the trade market in terms of picks. I don't blame you for wanting that type of compensation considering Gobert went for four 1sts and one pick swap, but GM's around the league all agree that was just Ainge taking advantage of a new owner trying to make a stamp on the franchise. It aint happening again.

I'm not sure we will ever see that type of abuse again in a deal. People are weary of dealing with Ainge, but the Knicks are desperate so who knows.

The Jazz will get an absolute haul back for Donovan if we move him. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said he doesn't do anything but score when he averaged 26/5/5 on better efficiency than Steph Curry last season, lol.

What? Curry had a significantly higher TS% and eFG%.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said he doesn't do anything but score when he averaged 26/5/5 on better efficiency than Steph Curry last season, lol.

But hes a career ball dominant 4 APG guy lol lets stop acting like 4-5 assists per game makes you a secondary ball handling option and a good passer. 

Also, he is 9th in the NBA last season in Time of Possession handling the basketball. If your going to be top 10 in the league in how much you pound the air out of the ball--you better have at LEAST 5 assists per game.

Its like people oogling over Dionte Johnson having 1,200 yards last year--he was 2nd in the league in targets!! He better have at least 1k 😄

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

But hes a career ball dominant 4 APG guy lol lets stop acting like 4-5 assists per game makes you a secondary ball handling option and a good passer. 

Also, he is 9th in the NBA last season in Time of Possession handling the basketball. If your going to be top 10 in the league in how much you pound the air out of the ball--you better have at LEAST 5 assists per game.

Its like people oogling over Dionte Johnson having 1,200 yards last year--he was 2nd in the league in targets!! He better have at least 1k 😄

He has averaged 5 apg the last two seasons and has been the primary offensive option for the #3/#1 offensive teams in the league. So he has proven that he can be the primary ball handler (9th in TOP) for the best offensive team in basketball while averaging 26 ppg/5 apg. Seems like a star player to me. Would he be more of a star if he couldn't get you to the postseason like Darius Garland?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I hate when you get in these moods.

No mood, lol. Just not going to take Donovan Mitchell slander when he was the #1 option for the best offensive team in basketball last year and the best team in the regular season two years ago. 

53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's a very high opinion of him. He doesn't move the needle either way right now. He'd have to take a big step forward.

I don’t think so. I think he’s good enough, along with the rest of that roster, that they aren’t a bottom 3 team. I guess the main point is… if I’m Utah, Barrett doesn’t really move the needle for me. He’s fine, I’d rather take an additional handful of 1sts.

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has averaged 5 apg the last two seasons and has been the primary offensive option for the #3/#1 offensive teams in the league. So he has proven that he can be the primary ball handler (9th in TOP) for the best offensive team in basketball while averaging 26 ppg/5 apg. Seems like a star player to me. Would he be more of a star if he couldn't get you to the postseason like Darius Garland?

Point being, Mitchell has greatly benefitted from Rudy Gobert being on the floor with him and Mike Conley more recently taking away any necessary playmaking duties. If the Knicks ask him to be a secondary ball handler and actually play defense with no Rudy Gobert to clean up behind him, how will he look?

When Rudy Gobert is not on the floor, Donovan Mitchell has a +/- of -3. When Rudy Gobert is on the floor, Donovan Mitchell has a +/- of +4.5. 

If you want to bring Garland into this, he was 6th in the NBA in APG while averaging 22 PPG at just 21 years old. Mitchell wouldnt be able to sniff 22/9 on 46/38/90 if he tried.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

My question for the Suns is if you weren't going to offer him an extension after his rookie deal, why the hell did you take him with the #1 overall pick then?  Cause he's basically developed into the exact player he was projected to be during the draft process. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

My question for the Suns is if you weren't going to offer him an extension after his rookie deal, why the hell did you take him with the #1 overall pick then?  Cause he's basically developed into the exact player he was projected to be during the draft process. 

Meh, Ayton was way more hyped of a prospect than he has showed in the NBA. He is not a bust by any means, but he was supposed to be a lot better than he currently is. 

If your the #1 overall pick in the draft, you gotta do a bit better than 17/10 while being a NBA-average defender. Especially for someone with his gifts. Hes a bit of a underachiever.

The Suns view his production as replaceable with a veteran and not worth near a 133M Max (which they are right). He ranks #12 in the NBA among centers is Value Added (similar to PER). 

Edited by AkronsWitness