NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What do you think the framework of a deal would look like? 

For Collins? Barnes and honestly I don’t really know at this point. Grant going for a 2025 protected 1st is eye opening. I think Collins is the better player, younger and signed to a fair contract for another 4 years so I think they’ll have to part with a protected 1st in the future. Barnes as a player, while older, can provide the Hawks similar play style and production as Collins though so there’s that.

For Duarte? No idea, I love the kid, even while being older I think he’s got room to grow and already showed very well last year. It depends on how the Pacers view him really, and how in love with keeping the hometown talent in Indy. I’m betting they’d love to pair him with Hali and be set in the backcourt very early into this rebuild. But outside of Holiday the Kings don’t have any players on expiring contracts worth a damn. So we’d be looking at future picks again and that’s unlikely. So it’s pretty much banking on the Pacers love for pairing Hali and Ivey together.

Edited by Fureys49ers

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Brooklyn receives: Jaren Jackson Jr, Brandon Clarke, Ziare Williams, #22, 2023 1st

Grizzles receive: Kevin Durant

Haven't we seen what happens to teams when you trade all your plus young depth for one superstar? 

Grizzlies need no major moves. 

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Haven't we seen what happens to teams when you trade all your plus young depth for one superstar? 

Grizzlies need no major moves. 

They'd still have four of their top 5 scorers from last season. 

Bring back SloMo and Tyus in free agency...

PG - Morant | Jones

SG - Bane | Melton 

SF - Brooks | Anderson

PF - Durant | Tillman 

C - Adams | Aldama 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They'd still have four of their top 5 scorers from last season. 

Bring back SloMo and Tyus in free agency...

PG - Morant | Jones

SG - Bane | Melton 

SF - Brooks | Anderson

PF - Durant | Tillman 

C - Adams | Aldama 

And they'd lose their 2 best defenders. Steven Adam's didn't even play in the postseason

25 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

For Collins? Barnes and honestly I don’t really know at this point. Grant going for a 2025 protected 1st is eye opening. I think Collins is the better player, younger and signed to a fair contract for another 4 years so I think they’ll have to part with a protected 1st in the future. Barnes as a player, while older, can provide the Hawks similar play style and production as Collins though so there’s that.

For Duarte? No idea, I love the kid, even while being older I think he’s got room to grow and already showed very well last year. It depends on how the Pacers view him really, and how in love with keeping the hometown talent in Indy. I’m betting they’d love to pair him with Hali and be set in the backcourt very early into this rebuild. But outside of Holiday the Kings don’t have any players on expiring contracts worth a damn. So we’d be looking at future picks again and that’s unlikely. So it’s pretty much banking on the Pacers love for pairing Hali and Ivey together.

The deal I saw for Collins was...

Kings receive: John Collins

Hawks receive: Harrison Barnes, #37, 2023 1st (lottery protected)

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The deal I saw for Collins was...

Kings receive: John Collins

Hawks receive: Harrison Barnes, #37, 2023 1st (lottery protected)

A new rumor just came out with Spurs and Hawks discussing a Murray for Collins trade. This has to be an absolute shot in the dark from some beat writer. I can’t see this being true at all. 

If that’s truly the going rate for Collins I’d probably pass. His fit with Sabonis is still to a degree questionable, Barnes could even be resigned for us for probably cheaper than Collins 25 APY and provides a similar game while on the court. Have to keep in mind this a cap saving move for the Hawks more than it is the Kings trying to pry him from the Hawks team.

Edited by Fureys49ers

10 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

A new rumor just came out with Spurs and Hawks discussing a Murray for Collins trade. This has to be an absolute shot in the dark from some beat writer. I can’t see this being true at all. 

It would have to be a lot more than just Collins for Murray. I'd imagine the Spurs would want Collins, one of Hunter/OO, and multiple picks.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It would have to be a lot more than just Collins for Murray. I'd imagine the Spurs would want Collins, one of Hunter/OO, and multiple picks.

Oh definitely would have to be more, but I didn’t the Spurs would be moving off Murray by any means. Especially with is team friendly contract for a few more years. They want a Jrue like offer, so Collins and multiple 1sts.

Edited by Fureys49ers

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Oh definitely would have to be more, but I didn’t the Spurs would be moving off Murray by any means. Especially with is team friendly contract for a few more years. They want a Jrue like offer, so Collins and multiple 1sts.

That rumor seems far fetched to me, the Spurs would be giving up their only playmaker. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That rumor seems far fetched to me, the Spurs would be giving up their only playmaker. 

They could be going for a full, long term rebuild I guess. Would be a huge get for the Hawks, running mate for Trae with a big boost to backcourt defense.