UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

5 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Probably so, but it’s also naive to assume the best QB coaches/playcallers are automatically the most qualified candidates. I’d hope that all teams in the HC market tread carefully in that regard.

Read up on DeFillipo more dude. A lot of people have said and are continuing to say that he has that "it" factor to be a successful head coach in this league because of his special interpersonal skills in addition to his knowledge of the game.  Would be quite a jump from QB coach to head coach but he's getting a lot of hype for a reason.

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Read up on DeFillipo more dude. A lot of people have said and are continuing to say that he has that "it" factor to be a successful head coach in this league because of his special interpersonal skills in addition to his knowledge of the game.  Would be quite a jump from QB coach to head coach but he's getting a lot of hype for a reason.

One the the interesting things is he is yet another coach from Youngstown, Ohio...seriously must be something in the water there.

57 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Probably so, but it’s also naive to assume the best QB coaches/playcallers are automatically the most qualified candidates. I’d hope that all teams in the HC market tread carefully in that regard.

If we end up with a guy in the McVay mold we need to be sure he’s also surrounded with what McVay has been with his staff. Namely, experience. Wade Phillips is his DC. Aaron Kromer (I know, I know) is his OL coach. QB Coach Greg Olson was either an OC or AHC since 2004 leading up to this year. LB coach Joe Berry has twice been an NFL DC. All the more reason while we shouldn’t mandate it to a new HC that it would be beneficial to the coach to have Fangio come back next year. 

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we end up with a guy in the McVay mold we need to be sure he’s also surrounded with what McVay has been with his staff. Namely, experience. Wade Phillips is his DC. Aaron Kromer (I know, I know) is his OL coach. QB Coach Greg Olson was either an OC or AHC since 2004 leading up to this year. LB coach Joe Berry has twice been an NFL DC. All the more reason while we shouldn’t mandate it to a new HC that it would be beneficial to the coach to have Fangio come back next year. 

Phillips alone was a huge hire for him.

I’m all for McVay for Coach of the Year, but what I really want to see is how he manages adversity. So far, he’s still in the honeymoon phase with the Rams. What happens when they’re on a losing streak, or when major injuries happen? All of the playcalling ability and offensive ingenuity in the world doesn’t matter if the HC can’t weather a storm, among other things.

8 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Listening to 670 this morning on the ride into work.  They were just killing Pace for a solid 40 minutes.  The only reason he keeps his job is because of MT10 

I was too, Mully is a hack. We've listed the players that Pace has hit on during his time here and they just want to shrug it off as if it's nothing.

Pure nonsense.

I personally would like to see Pace fire fox today.  Not just to fire him but to show the league, potential coaches and free agents that Ryan Pace is in charge and that their is stability within the organization.  I think it will go along way

13 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I personally would like to see Pace fire fox today.  Not just to fire him but to show the league, potential coaches and free agents that Ryan Pace is in charge and that their is stability within the organization.  I think it will go along way

It doesn't really help us in the long run, I don't think. I'm of the opinion Fox knows that he's a goner and Benjamin Allbright said that coaches know that Fox is gone and that the Bears gig is going to have an opening, they're preparing for interviews.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

One the the interesting things is he is yet another coach from Youngstown, Ohio...seriously must be something in the water there.

Seriously..Ohio seems to be a football mecca.

Youngstown is also an hour outside of Trubisky's hometown of Mentor.  Not saying, just saying....

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

I was too, Mully is a hack. We've listed the players that Pace has hit on during his time here and they just want to shrug it off as if it's nothing.

Pure nonsense.

I really like the midday guys, and the afternoon guys, but the morning show is so whiny.  It seems like aural clickbait sometimes.

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

I really like the midday guys, and the afternoon guys, but the morning show is so whiny.  It seems like aural clickbait sometimes.

One bad game by MT10 vs Lions coupled with a 49ers win with contributions from both Jimmy G and the foot of 6 Robbie Gould FGs seemed to make the meatballs really upset yesterday.

No matter how irrational the argument is, the meatballs won't let Pace hear the end of this one.

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I loved the midday show when it was Spiegel and Mannelly. Parkins isn't bad, a hell of a lot better than Goff.

Afternoon I always dial up to 1000 for Waddle and Silvy.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I loved the midday show when it was Spiegel and Mannelly. Parkins isn't bad, a hell of a lot better than Goff.

Afternoon I always dial up to 1000 for Waddle and Silvy.

I only listen to 670 in the morning because 1000 is national sports.  Waddle and Silvy all the way are the best two on talk radio

Archived