Game Developers that Should be Supported and not...

Spartacus

So what are the odds that SFIV becomes like Smash Melee as an esport? I like watching SFV, but I read some pros prefer SFIV. I'm guessing Capcom would never support an event and they'd need to get prize pool money somewhere else to attract any big names back.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is much too late.  The game is a failure and it's not just because of the massive lack of characters at launch.  The game is legit not good.  It's kind of insane to me that Capcom can make a complete garbage game like Street Fighter V and then make an all-time great game like Monster Hunter.

Same company doesn't really mean too much in terms of game quality, considering you'll have completely different people actually directing/writing/programming the game. Hell, EA made Shaq Fu in the same year they started the Need for Speed series. It happens. Same company matters in terms of marketing and financial choices and such, but really doesn't mean much in terms of game design/quality. Most major gaming companies have some great games and some garbage ones.

3 hours ago, Mossburg said:

So what are the odds that SFIV becomes like Smash Melee as an esport? I like watching SFV, but I read some pros prefer SFIV. I'm guessing Capcom would never support an event and they'd need to get prize pool money somewhere else to attract any big names back.

Yea, the chances are basically none. Capcom would need to support it. Also, comparitively to Brawl, SFV is a damn good game competitively. 

I think the only chance is if Capcom just pulls a Broodwar and their next game is SF4 Remastered and they just go from there lol. 

Although, I feel lile SF4 had its haters as well, they are just quiet now since it's not relevant.

Ah, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, now THAT game is a colossal disappointment in almost every facet. The roster is a major turnoff, and not just because of the whole no X-Men thing. Almost all the characters are recycled from (U)Mvc3, and it didn't even reuse the best characters from the last game to boot (where's Ammy, Vergil, and Wesker?). It also doesn't offer much outside of the Story Mode (which is also pretty 'meh'): Arcade Mode can be completed in like 10-15 minutes with the downsized 2-v-2 format, combo-centric mechanics and only 7 fights, including both boss battles as opposed to the 8 from earlier games. It certainly doesn't help that the graphics are terrible and the UI looks like something out of a damn mobile game. 

It's a shame because you DO have a promising game buried underneath all the roster and presentation issues and, well, everything else. Like I said, the game's mechanics are superb. Had they delayed the game for like a year and took the time to flesh out the roster with more new characters on both sides (who knows? We might've gotten the X-Men with the Disney-Fox deal), improved the game's visuals and UI so as to make them not so mobile-y and added a few more online and offline modes like a survival mode, it could've easily been one of, if not the best entry in the series.

Having said all of that, I'm glad they fired Combofiend. For those of you who don't know, he's the terrible (ex)-PR guy for the game. He said "characters are just functions" and "you only used Magneto because of his air-dash". That was pretty much the final nail in MvCI's coffin as far as sales.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is much better in terms of game play, but that game is also a disappointment.  X-Men not being in the game hurts a lot, but that's probably not all their fault.  For SFV, they could have put the other characters in the game from the start, but they purposely half-arsed their effort.  

Capcom is just garbage in general, outside of Monster Hunter.

X-Men not making it into MvCI is a major disappointment, but even on the MCU side of things (pre-Fox deal), there was a lot of wasted potential. Star-Lord, Loki, DareDevil, Punisher, Scarlet Witch (though she might've been affected by the X-Men ban), Ant Man, Ms. Marvel, Blade, Moon Knight, Vision, etc. A lot of these were highly-requested, too, especially DareDevil, I thought he'd be a lock with the success of his Netflix series. I'm also surprised Loki didn't make the cut with Asgard being so prominently featured in the story mode. How NONE of them made it in is beyond me.

Capcom's roster was just as bad with reused characters and left-out fan favorites. If I wanted all these recycled characters, I'd just go back and play one of the earlier games.

11 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

X-Men not making it into MvCI is a major disappointment, but even on the MCU side of things (pre-Fox deal), there was a lot of wasted potential. Star-Lord, Loki, DareDevil, Punisher, Scarlet Witch (though she might've been affected by the X-Men ban), Ant Man, Ms. Marvel, Blade, Moon Knight, Vision, etc. A lot of these were highly-requested, too, especially DareDevil, I thought he'd be a lock with the success of his Netflix series. I'm also surprised Loki didn't make the cut with Asgard being so prominently featured in the story mode. How NONE of them made it in is beyond me.

Capcom's roster was just as bad with reused characters and left-out fan favorites. If I wanted all these recycled characters, I'd just go back and play one of the earlier games.

The game is going the same route as the horrible game that came out before it - Street Fighter V.  They will probably release a bunch of those characters in DLC just like SFV did with super popular and iconic characters.  

2 hours ago, showtime said:

The game is going the same route as the horrible game that came out before it - Street Fighter V.  They will probably release a bunch of those characters in DLC just like SFV did with super popular and iconic characters.  

That's exactly what they will do. 

20 hours ago, showtime said:

Therein lies the problem: like I said time and again, they mainly recycled characters and held the new, iconic characters that everybody wanted for ransom via DLC. Only including 5 new characters on its base roster with all the amazing characters from both companies waiting for their time to shine is borderline criminal and a big part of the reason why it tanked.

Again, if I wanted all these returning characters, I'd just play UMvC3. At least it has the X-Men. And Doom.

Oh, and speaking of companies that shouldn't be supported, Bungie is quickly making a name for themselves. After all the BS they and Activision have pulled with Destiny 2, they're now censoring people on their forums, WTF? All their past shenanigans surrounding this game were already bad enough by themselves, but this? And the sad part is, I already see people defending this shyt with "hur hur, lowlyfe haytars git wut dey desurvuh, hur hur121!!23!13221311!!118!!"

1) They deserve to be called out on all their anticonsumer BS they've pulled with this game. As the old adage goes, you reap what you sow. 

2) It doesn't just silence "trolls", people who are on the fence about buying this game and have questions are also prohibited from posting on the forums, thankyouverymuch. I guess this seals their fate then.

3) Did I say censorship?

They're even locking their Off Topic and Gaming forums behind a D2 paywall FFS! Further demonstrating how disconnected from reality Bungie is with the perception of their game and company. Glad I didn't buy D2 and voted with my wallet.

#FckBungie (I fully expect this to be the new viral hashtag after #FcKonami).

Archived