AGG RETIRING!

ARTMONK HOF

Commanders WR/TE Antonio Gandy-Golden announced that he is retiring from the NFL.

HC Ron Rivera shared that he was surprised by the decision because Gandy-Golden had been doing well in his transition to tight end. That transition followed an uneventful start to Gandy-Golden's career. After being selected in the fourth round of the 2020 draft, he logged just 11 routes as a rookie and only 83 more in 2021. His conversion to tight end would have had to go spectacularly well for him to make the final 53, which he did not last season. The 24-year-old plans to return to school and finish his education.

NBC SPORTS EDGE

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Commanders WR/TE Antonio Gandy-Golden announced that he is retiring from the NFL.

HC Ron Rivera shared that he was surprised by the decision because Gandy-Golden had been doing well in his transition to tight end. That transition followed an uneventful start to Gandy-Golden's career. After being selected in the fourth round of the 2020 draft, he logged just 11 routes as a rookie and only 83 more in 2021. His conversion to tight end would have had to go spectacularly well for him to make the final 53, which he did not last season. The 24-year-old plans to return to school and finish his education.

NBC SPORTS EDGE

Smart move/ now he play Rubik's Cube to his hearts content .! Seriously, I never thought he had his heart in the game .

Edited by RSkinGM
more info
  • Like 1

Wow! 😂 What an awful draft pick. So many people drank the kool-aid of AGG of being an answer for us as a big WR. He struggled to stay healthy and win against NFL corners & I guess he gave up on the idea of playing TE. At best he was going to be on the practice squad & maybe not even that as a TE bc we have a lot of young TEs on our roster who’ve played the position in high school & college. He also probably didn’t like the blocking aspect of it.

I wish him well, but what a bust and a disappointment.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NBC SPORTS EDGE

He’s a smart guy, made some $ probably enough to pay for his masters.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

$895K salary for 2022. Nice little nest egg for his future. I think he was destined for the P C anyway . 

I don’t even know if they would’ve even kept him on the practice squad unless he really impressed. He was probably destined to be cut. Reyes & Hodges were probably more likely to make it as the 4th TE - if we kept 4 - or the PS more than AGG.

• Like 1