Steelers Vs Seahawks Preseason Game 1 Thread

bigben07MVP

59 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Safe to say Miller is probably heading for IR or PS.

Opens the door for Boykin who I am now strongly pulling for to make the team.

I think it’s Boykin and Gunner rounding out the WR room. I thought Miller might sneak it, but his play slipped and he’s been injured. We’ll see if Austin is healthy. 

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Safe to say Miller is probably heading for IR or PS.

Opens the door for Boykin who I am now strongly pulling for to make the team.

Dont sleep on Steven Sims...especially if he keeps doing well on special teams.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think it’s Boykin and Gunner rounding out the WR room. I thought Miller might sneak it, but his play slipped and he’s been injured. We’ll see if Austin is healthy. 

I dont trust Boykin at all.   He is the classic type that shows up much more when the games dont matter.

If Sims keeps shining as a return man, Id take him over Boykin.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont trust Boykin at all.   He is the classic type that shows up much more when the games dont matter.

If Sims keeps shining as a return man, Id take him over Boykin.

I like Boykin’s kick coverage skill. Having Sims, Gunner, and Austin would be a little redundant. If that’s how it works out, that’s alright though. Gunner has shown good coverage skill too. 

• Like 2

Not that it's a lot of money in the NFL, but they paid $1.3M to Gunner and only get back $300K if they cut him. He is making the team. 

Boykin, however, nets us $2.5M in savings if he is cut. Sims costs $895K. 

Both Boykin and Sims are kinda redundant on offense, but Miles can play upper level special teams. Really an interesting battle to make that 6th spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/08/film-room-steelers-oline-looks-different-under-coach-pat-meyer/

Here's a breakdown of the o-line for the line nerds amongst us. It's super detailed. Alex does a good job showing the new techniques brought in by Meyer. 

I think Mason Cole could end up being a pretty solid player for us. He gives me Matt Feiler vibes in terms of just being solid, you don’t really notice him much which is a good thing for an o-lineman.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think Mason Cole could end up being a pretty solid player for us. He gives me Matt Feiler vibes in terms of just being solid, you don’t really notice him much which is a good thing for an o-lineman.

He also wears those Bettis rubber elbow sleeves like Feiler. 

• Like 1