Preseason 2022

DM316

21 hours ago, scar988 said:

Ridder has looked excellent through the preseason. And he's only going to get better. I think long-term, he's gonna basically be the same guy Ryan was as a passer with the ability to add an additional 500-600 yards on the ground as well. 

I'm not ready to make that bold of a proclamation but 14 years of stability would be great.

11 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

So, who’s the big surprise cut? Any of these crowd favorites actually going to earn a spot for once?

I know they said they weren't going to do it (maybe holding out hope for a trade?) but I could see Deion. Buried on the depth chart, doesn't fit well in the scheme, and they could spin back to the "Do the right thing by the player" narrative like they did Matt, as a fan favorite for the Super Bowl run. Personally, I've seen enough of Ollison. Huntley as RB4.

Forgot Avery Williams, they weren't keeping 5 and Williams has Special Teams value.

Updated: Darby, Huntley, Shaffer, Pruitt, Berryhill, Ollison, Batson, Watson, Etheridge, Harrison

I hope Bernhardt finds it on to the practice squad, doubt they'll keep 6 receivers.

Edited by DM316

1 hour ago, DM316 said:

Worth noting Tevin Coleman released by the Jets .....

I mean what does he even bring to the team that Williams doesn’t?  I think we’re going to stick with the 4 RBs which is more like 2 with Williams and Patterson being more weapon types. 

3 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I mean what does he even bring to the team that Williams doesn’t?  I think we’re going to stick with the 4 RBs which is more like 2 with Williams and Patterson being more weapon types. 

Nostalgia bro, get on board! 😀 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How did Troy Andersen look for you guys in preseason?

I only watched the game against the Jaguars, but he stood out in that game. Explosive player who plays exactly like you would hope for someone who tests that well in shorts.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/troy-andersen-s-blitzing-qb-hurry-creates-int-for-falcons-defense

Blew right through the RBs chop block. Ideally you want to see him finish there and wrap up the QB, but luckily led to an even better result than a sack. He made a couple of nice tackles too. Really excited about him. ILB is deep, but still expect him to be a major contributor this year and be in position to start next year if he isn't already starting by the end of the year. 

• Like 1