Preseason 2022

DM316

What's everyone looking for??? I know the O Line needs to be settled. Personally, I'd like to see Allgeier establish himself as the primary ballcarrier allowing Patterson to settle into his more natural "weapon" role and Ebiketie/Malone to show some flashes rushing the passer.

• 2 weeks later...

Franks is absolutely awful at QB lol. I think he’s getting cut as soon as Thursday’s game is over.  

Ridder has looked so sharp. Especially in this game today. Extremely accurate and tons of zip and you could see improvement even in the same game. Saw the same thing twice and went from a crap rep to a good rep. 

16 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Franks is absolutely awful at QB lol. I think he’s getting cut as soon as Thursday’s game is over.  

Ridder has looked so sharp. Especially in this game today. Extremely accurate and tons of zip and you could see improvement even in the same game. Saw the same thing twice and went from a crap rep to a good rep. 

Agree. Looked better against pressure vs the Jets. I admittedly didn't want him or London but I would be glad to be wrong.

1 hour ago, DM316 said:

Agree. Looked better against pressure vs the Jets. I admittedly didn't want him or London but I would be glad to be wrong.

I was all in on Sauce and Jermaine, so... yeah I figured we'd be getting help with the pass rush over all else. I don't mind a QB in the 3rd round, it's essentially one of those "this is the best guy on the board, by a full round or more. Let's roll the dice" so that didn't bother me. Plus if you can win 44 games at Cincinnati... can't lie, maybe he can turn around a similarly bad team :D

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, iloxygenil said:

I was all in on Sauce and Jermaine, so... yeah I figured we'd be getting help with the pass rush over all else. I don't mind a QB in the 3rd round, it's essentially one of those "this is the best guy on the board, by a full round or more. Let's roll the dice" so that didn't bother me. Plus if you can win 44 games at Cincinnati... can't lie, maybe he can turn around a similarly bad team :D

I think Ridder could be the shock of the draft the way Wilson was in 2013. Dude has been a revelation here so far. May not start until next year full time, but I see him getting a lot of experience this year.

14 minutes ago, DM316 said:

I'm liking the competition at multiple spots. I have my eye on the edge rotation Carter, looking like Ade is gonna beat out Ebiketie but him and Malone rotating in .... I like.

Malone looks lost out there to me, much like Richie Grant last year.  I want AK47 to beat AO because if he can't then we've missed on another pass rusher. we need the help, desperately.

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Malone looks lost out there to me, much like Richie Grant last year.  I want AK47 to beat AO because if he can't then we've missed on another pass rusher. we need the help, desperately.

I was just saying more from an upside standpoint, we have some talent at that spot for once.

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

AK47 may not be a "starter" but he'll play more snaps during the year. How I expect the EDGES to look:

EDGE1: Carter 60% of the time/Ogundeji 20%/Malone 20%

EDGE2: AK47 50%/Ogundeji 30%/Q.Bell 20%

On 8/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, scar988 said:

AK47 may not be a "starter" but he'll play more snaps during the year. How I expect the EDGES to look:

EDGE1: Carter 60% of the time/Ogundeji 20%/Malone 20%

EDGE2: AK47 50%/Ogundeji 30%/Q.Bell 20%

He's looked good and will be a contributor whether he "starts" or not. After the preseason I'm a little more optimistic on this rookie class than I was going in with the first 6 picks showing flashes. Back to Ridder, at the very least he's done enough to give us the best version of Mariota we're going to get.

2 hours ago, DM316 said:

He's looked good and will be a contributor whether he "starts" or not. After the preseason I'm a little more optimistic on this rookie class than I was going in with the first 6 picks showing flashes. Back to Ridder, at the very least he's done enough to give us the best version of Mariota we're going to get.

Ridder has looked excellent through the preseason. And he's only going to get better. I think long-term, he's gonna basically be the same guy Ryan was as a passer with the ability to add an additional 500-600 yards on the ground as well.