Preseason Week 3: Raiders @ Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Bottom line is McDaniels is adept to scheme around some issues and Carr gets the ball out quick and I thought improved his pocket awareness the last couple years. They probably can manage the situation for the best part of the season. However, It’ll make a big negative difference against the very good teams and they’ll be the crunch games.

Quick releases keep things short and make us predictable it’s like having cheap tires on a sports car so you can’t take it over 65 mph 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Quick releases keep things short and make us predictable it’s like having cheap tires on a sports car so you can’t take it over 65 mph 

LOL okie dokie, tell that to Tom Brady lovers as Tom and Dan Marino are noted as having the quickest releases

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh. I’ve seen the “carr doesn’t have time so he can’t throw past 10 yards” episode too many times. 

lmao you realize Carr had 2nd most 20 yard completions last year right? and also had a 7.7 y/a?
He was also 5th in total yards. . . 

Yes he struggled in redzone, but what the hell are you talking about? The guy can throw the ball LOL

• Like 1

hnestly posts like that just show how close minded some are.
Carr throws for 2nd most 20 yards competitions, and 5th in total yards. . . 

And we have to defend him for not throwing more 10+ yard passes, because people are ripping on him for not throwing far enough. . . 
Think about that for a second LOL

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lmao you realize Carr had 2nd most 20 yard completions last year right? and also had a 7.7 y/a?
He was also 5th in total yards. . . 

Yes he struggled in redzone, but what the hell are you talking about? The guy can throw the ball LOL

After or before hr3?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

After or before hr3?

both. That is total season. 
he also was 6th in Y/A (min 100 attempts) . . . 
https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2021/REG/all/passing20plusyardseach/DESC

you may be tired of the 'he doesnt have time to throw deeper' excuse, but I assure you, its more tiring explaining that he had the 6th highest yards per attempt last season, 2nd most 20 yard passes, and 5th most total passing yards. 

yard stats DC kills it at, Redzone needs to improve, big time. Clearly. 

but to say youre tired of hearing 'he needs more time to throw it farther' you need to realize, that the question shouldnt even be asked in the first place. . as he was one of the deepest passers in the league last season.
It is just blind hate at this point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

After or before hr3?

also, by asking this question, are you acknowledging that talent at other positions can help a QB? and that a QB cannot do everything by himself?

If not, why ask it?
if you agree that it does impact a QBs performance?

Where woould you rank Carrs weapons last season? Given that, Ruggs, Waller, Drake all missed significant time?
Where would you rank our Oline last season? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

both. That is total season. 
he also was 6th in Y/A (min 100 attempts) . . . 
https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2021/REG/all/passing20plusyardseach/DESC

you may be tired of the 'he doesnt have time to throw deeper' excuse, but I assure you, its more tiring explaining that he had the 6th highest yards per attempt last season, 2nd most 20 yard passes, and 5th most total passing yards. 

yard stats DC kills it at, Redzone needs to improve, big time. Clearly. 

but to say youre tired of hearing 'he needs more time to throw it farther' you need to realize, that the question shouldnt even be asked in the first place. . as he was one of the deepest passers in the league last season.
It is just blind hate at this point. 

I remember after hr3 his #’s fell off trem

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

also, by asking this question, are you acknowledging that talent at other positions can help a QB? and that a QB cannot do everything by himself?

If not, why ask it?
if you agree that it does impact a QBs performance?

Where woould you rank Carrs weapons last season? Given that, Ruggs, Waller, Drake all missed significant time?
Where would you rank our Oline last season? 

Sware you asked all these questions year.
fine you win no excuses for carr bombs away w or w/o time to throw. Quick release don’t fail us now

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I remember after hr3 his #’s fell off trem

Sware you asked all these questions year.
fine you win no excuses for carr bombs away w or w/o time to throw. Quick release don’t fail us now

haha yes most QBs numbers decline when they lose their #1 WR and TE for a majority of the season. . . no arguments there. 
I probably did ask, but the question is did you ever answer? 😆

Yes, i hope its bombs away for Carr. I also hope that you are rooting for that as well. 

Quick release, scheme, improved weapons, better running attack, better play calls I think will all help our Oline. 
I dont think our Oline will be significantly worse than last year, and all the points above ^ will be improved (i hope and think) and Carr was able to throw the ball over 10 yards last year. 

Hopefully my points above also lead to better redzone success. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha yes most QBs numbers decline when they lose their #1 WR and TE for a majority of the season. . . no arguments there. 
I probably did ask, but the question is did you ever answer? 😆

Yes, i hope its bombs away for Carr. I also hope that you are rooting for that as well. 

Quick release, scheme, improved weapons, better running attack, better play calls I think will all help our Oline. 
I dont think our Oline will be significantly worse than last year, and all the points above ^ will be improved (i hope and think) and Carr was able to throw the ball over 10 yards last year. 

Hopefully my points above also lead to better redzone success. 

Interesting so you think our oline is better or will be better than last year interesting 

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting so you think our oline is better or will be better than last year interesting 

uhh, I said I dont think it will be significantly worse. Meaning I think itll be either about the same or a little worse.

The other things I listed are things you can do to help your oline. But that doesnt make them better. It just makes them look better. 

This is simple gameplanning stuff coaches do.

If you have a weak pass blocking oline, its typical to see a lot of screen passes, because if the DE or DT gets in quick it leaves a lot of open room for the RB right behind them.

The oline still isnt good at stopping players from getting through, but youve know designed a play that lets them through. 
But doing this doesnt just make everyone on the oline magically better, youre just calling a game to help them. See the difference?

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

uhh, I said I dont think it will be significantly worse. Meaning I think itll be either about the same or a little worse.

The other things I listed are things you can do to help your oline. But that doesnt make them better. It just makes them look better. 

This is simple gameplanning stuff coaches do.

If you have a weak pass blocking oline, its typical to see a lot of screen passes, because if the DE or DT gets in quick it leaves a lot of open room for the RB right behind them.

The oline still isnt good at stopping players from getting through, but youve know designed a play that lets them through. 
But doing this doesnt just make everyone on the oline magically better, youre just calling a game to help them. See the difference?

We’ll see we will see and I hope you’re correct 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yeh exactly, we will likely get away with it against the mediocre teams but that’s going to severely limit what you can do against teams like the Ravens, Bills, Chiefs and the contenders. It’ll cost us if we don’t have a better solution up our sleeves.

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL okie dokie, tell that to Tom Brady lovers as Tom and Dan Marino are noted as having the quickest releases

I think the point is that it’s not just about having a quick release, it’s being forced, by having a poor OLine into getting rid of the ball quickly, disabling long developing plays and taking away a lot of down the field stuff. If your OLine is trash it effectively shortens the field and makes everything more predictable. This is the problem.

• Like 1