Preseason Week 3: Raiders @ Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

Got 3 weeks before week 1. Got 2 weeks to figure out the RT position. I think they can get away with Cotton at RG, but RT needs to be addressed. 

Tashan mentioned that the Raiders don’t like any of the FA OL on the market and nothing against Tashan. I just don’t believe he actually knows anyone in that building that gives him info so it’s probably more of a educated guess. 

Jermaine Eluemunor shouldn’t be your best option at RT. FA market and cut down and trade market should be looked at seriously for a RT

Also hope that Parham is able to take over the LG spot with the joint practices going on this week against the Pats. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NickButera said:

He's hurt, significantly. But they don't want to stash him yet or they can't bring him back for the year. If they hold him through to the final 53 and then stash him he'll be eligible to return late in the season

Didn't they say Parker tore a pectoral or quad?

Though I'm out of the local area I was able to get KVVU out of Henderson NV.  The commentators were Matt Millen, Rich Gannon and that female.  They said on the pre-broadcast that Miami will start their first-string OL & DL.  That's why they looked so good against our OL & DL backups. 

• Like 2

I’ve only seen the extended quarter by quarter highlights but:

Stidham looks good, had poor protection but still produced and looks like a great backup in this system. Don’t know what they see in Garbers but I guess he’s young.

OLine was poor again, Cotton and Leatherwood getting abused. Leatherwood looked totally lost on a couple runs too where he got to the second level but just didn’t block anyone and was looking round like he didn’t know what he was supposed to do, it’s still early I know, but damn it’s looking like another complete bust. 

#36 was flying around out there, making plays. Webb looked decent at DB and Abram looks to have found a role that plays to his strengths, I think he’s going to be an impact player this year.

Interior DLine looked stout, Farrel stepping up a little too.

Britton Brown played really well, I said it before but his running style reminds me if Roger Craig, tough to put down and gets the extra yard.

Really, really impressed by how disciplined we are and low turnovers too, I’d say that’s good coaching.

• Like 3

The only way this team doesn’t make the playoffs is if the OL is so horrendous it cost us games. Definitely a little nervous, and wish Carr was mobile which would solve the problem. The other three QB’s in our division don’t have to worry about bad OL’s because they have wheels and can maneuver around endlessly. Wilson, Herbert, and Mahomes may be the three best play extenders in the entire NFL. 

Edit: Forgot about Allen who is #1, but those three are definitely in the Top 4. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Finally watching the whole game and wow leatherwood just wow getting mullens killed right now off a basic de hand swipe from a back up

Have not watched any of the games yet but this is what I was scared of.  I did not want to make the splash trade for Adams and spend the money before we got the o-line and d-line settled.  Weapons do not matter when you can not protect the QB.  Nothing for RT in the FA market so what do we do now.  Give away a 2nd or 3rd to get an average RT that would have cost us $5 million in FA and no draft capital.  I hope they figure it out but with the way this offseason has gone they will mortgage the future to get average players to fill obvious holes.  This is not directed at anyone in particular but just quoted you NCOUGHMAN because we generally have logical discussions about the teams issues.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Have not watched any of the games yet but this is what I was scared of.  I did not want to make the splash trade for Adams and spend the money before we got the o-line and d-line settled.  Weapons do not matter when you can not protect the QB.  Nothing for RT in the FA market so what do we do now.  Give away a 2nd or 3rd to get an average RT that would have cost us $5 million in FA and no draft capital.  I hope they figure it out but with the way this offseason has gone they will mortgage the future to get average players to fill obvious holes.  This is not directed at anyone in particular but just quoted you NCOUGHMAN because we generally have logical discussions about the teams issues.

Yes, it is a concern. I’m not too worried about the DLine as from what I’ve seen Hankins, Peko and Billings looks serviceable plus we have Nichols coming back and the edges will be good to great hopefully. Sure, it could be better and I’d always advocate for interior DLinemen but I think they can get the job done. 

The OLine on the other hand is still very much a work in progress. OC and LT seem settled but I have questions about both guard spots as Simpson was pretty bad last year, Parham is a rookie and Cotton though looking good in a couple games and in camp played poorly last game and is still unproven. RT could be a complete debacle. It’s kind of the opposite of Reggie McKenzie who threw money at a great OLine, now we’ve gone total opposite when maybe we should be occupying the middle ground.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Though I'm out of the local area I was able to get KVVU out of Henderson NV.  The commentators were Matt Millen, Rich Gannon and that female.  They said on the pre-broadcast that Miami will start their first-string OL & DL.  That's why they looked so good against our OL & DL backups. 

We played our starters at O-Line. The only starter that didn't play was Miller. We've been playing our starting o-line all preseason minus miller.