Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Bears
    • Mike
    • Sonny Weaver Jr.

26 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I made my sister a bit angry with me the other day. 

I bought my mom a Roku, and installed a few apps.  She doesn't live far away, nor does she watch much TV.  YTTV, Acorn, Curiosity Stream, HBOMax and a few free ones, especially ones that have films from the 40's and 50's (which are free).

My sister, who is a CEO of a pretty good sized organization in Michigan looked at me and asked incredulously...."You subscribe to all of these?"

I quipped back to here.  Absolutely.  I don't buy wine.  (She does, and it usually isn't cheap.)

SELF SNAP!  :)

Oh Snap GIF

I'm with your sister: less TV, more good wine!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the Panthers were the only team in the league with a QB rating under 70 so I'd expect there to be some improvement. 

If we're talking about points per game the Browns were tied for 13th. 2nd in yards per play which is impressive but bottom half of the league in TDs given up. Shows that there is talent there but maybe questionable playcalling on important downs and in the red zone (don't play off!)

I'm expecting a lot of running from both teams and a 23-20 type of game. 

3rd down was rough last year. Hopefully the defense sees a regression toward the mean there, because if so, it's going to be dominant. With Delpit and MJ added to the backfield, I am expecting turnovers to be up this year.  That should make for a few boatrace type games like the playoff win against the Steelers two years ago. Week 1 feels like one of those games to me.

12 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

3rd down was rough last year. Hopefully the defense sees a regression toward the mean there, because if so, it's going to be dominant. With Delpit and MJ added to the backfield, I am expecting turnovers to be up this year.  That should make for a few boatrace type games like the playoff win against the Steelers two years ago. Week 1 feels like one of those games to me.

Maybe. I could certainly see it as a possibility if the Panthers trot out Mayfield with that offensive line as their offense. Then again, if we do that it also won't be pretty. These are two good secondaries (Browns have the better pass rushers so that is an advantage) and likely two defenses that will struggle to stop the ground game.

I think if either coach is smart they will rely on the ground game or at least utilize the RBs whether through the air or on the ground and do it pretty much all game long. My plan would be 40 touches to RBs and try to limit pass attempts to under 20.

That said, not confident either team will do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well the forest that was one side of my family tree was watered, and grown with alcohol.  I have to think there is some hereditary aspects to that.  I generally avoid it.  

Being Irish, I wasn't aware there is any other medium in which to grow a family tree!

• Like 1