Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Tell me you can’t read without telling me you can’t read…You said you’d rather your QB throw 4 picks than check the ball down and then you got promptly laughed at. That’s not pimping lol.

Here, let's remove Lawrence from the equation for a moment.

I'd much rather Kenny Pickett throw some interceptions in a game while taking chances and testing his arm and ability to read a defense rather than throwing check downs and safe throws all game. I'll take those mistakes from a young player growing.

Now let's apply that to Lawrence. I'd much rather see a QB with his physical gifts move around, buy time and make things happen down field even if meant a couple more mistakes. Lawrence taking the easy completions hasn't resulted in anything terribly positive for Lawrence. His team is 4-7. They'd probably be 4-7 and he'd have learned a lot more if he made a couple more mistakes while trying to actually take risks.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Here, let's remove Lawrence from the equation for a moment.

I'd much rather Kenny Pickett throw some interceptions in a game while taking chances and testing his arm and ability to read a defense rather than throwing check downs and safe throws all game. I'll take those mistakes from a young player growing.

Now let's apply that to Lawrence. I'd much rather see a QB with his physical gifts move around, buy time and make things happen down field even if meant a couple more mistakes. Lawrence taking the easy completions hasn't resulted in anything terribly positive for Lawrence. His team is 4-7. They'd probably be 4-7 and he'd have learned a lot more if he made a couple more mistakes while trying to actually take risks.

Same song, same old dance. Yawn. 

You can’t quote me pumping Lawrence in this thread (short of the obvious sarcasm regarding the stuff with Mahomes, because you were hysterical enough to keep going with it). Wrong again!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You can’t quote me pumping Lawrence in this thread (short of the obvious sarcasm regarding the stuff with Mahomes, because you were hysterical enough to keep going with it). Wrong again!

Baseball Playoffs GIF by MLB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I'll stand by everything I posted about Mahomes versus Lawrence. I don't expect him to have the success Mahomes had as a young guy playing in Jacksonville given what happened last year. I do expect him to stop playing like a wuss, and maybe he could use his athleticism a bit? It was one of the things that made him the first overall pick and a supposed generational talent. Buy some time, make something happen down field.

I spent 17  years watching Ben Roethlisberger make things happen down field by buying time for his WR's. Trust me, it works if you try it. Juju Smith Schuster in current year isn't hitting too many explosive pass plays if you don't do it. Same thing goes for a guy like Marvin Jones. Difference is QB has the balls to extend plays and throw the ball places other QB's won't, and the other guy who supposedly has all the physical gifts needed to do it doesn't.

But you just watch a play and say YAC! All WR! It's moronic and stupid. Maybe I can get a warning for that one. 90% of QB's don't even attempt the throw Mahomes made to Juju that I posted to even give him the shot to break plays.

Lawrence is the first overall pick. He *should* be held to a higher standard than if he's sort of progressing beyond the Gardner Minshew level. But you people don't want to hear that. It's just he's obviously better than Minshew if he just doesn't screw things up for his team horribly, even if he's relatively ineffective. It's a joke.

Lawrence the player this year is the sort of QB who gets coaches and GM's fired. That's who he is right now. Maybe he improves, but he most definitely has not "arrived." 

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

On 10/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, Yin-Yang said:

That’s true, and neither Lawrence (7.4) or Mahomes (7.0) have the deep ball howitzer of Mac Jones (10.3) in the high flying NE offense.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Yin-Yang said:

The mental gymnastics you’re going through to deny that the numbers (AKA the FACTS) are saying Mac Jones > Patrick Mahomes is astounding. 

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'll stand by everything I posted about Mahomes versus Lawrence.

@ET80 This is bullying at this point if I continue, right?

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I posted like 5 stats that show Lawrence isn't pushing the ball down the field well thus far in his career. You post one stat that shows Mac Jones on a small sample size beating out Mahomes and play pigeon chess. 

Again, the next three weeks are going to be very entertaining. I'll be back in this thread. Maybe Lawrence makes me eat my words.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I posted like 5 stats that show Lawrence isn't pushing the ball down the field well thus far in his career. You post one stat that shows Mac Jones on a small sample size beating out Mahomes and play pigeon chess. 

31 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

short of the obvious sarcasm regarding the stuff with Mahomes, because you were hysterical enough to keep going with it

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I responded to you for a handful of posts and then stopped. Believe it or not, most of us don't follow Yin-Yang around the forum and don't really have any clue who you are. I confused you for Incognito Man. That's the amount of weight I put on the posts I've read from you over the years. You aren't that important, dude. Your posts were moronic, from my perspective, and you are all free to have your own views of my posts. But it was real funny when the tides turned against Lawrence and suddenly every sarcastic response you made was going the other way.

I personally don't care. You keep responding to me. The criticism of Lawrence's inability and unwillingjness to throw the ball down field is legitimate.

I'm going to strongly wager that within a week this thread will go real silent. 

Edited by CKSteeler

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I confused you for Incognito Man. 

Were you laughably not understanding sarcasm with him too? Shrug. 

No, clearly I just sell Mac Jones > Trevor Lawrence > Patrick Mahomes so well that even the most astute members of this forum couldn’t possibly tell! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

No, clearly I just sell Mac Jones > Trevor Lawrence > Patrick Mahomes so well that even the most astute members of this forum couldn’t possibly tell! 

Knock Out Win GIF by GLORY Kickboxing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Please articulate what point you were trying to make with your sarcasm if not to dismiss my argument? Because sarcasm usually has a point, an ironic one meant to undercut something someone else just said. Unless you've adopted some sort of nihilistic sarcasm to everything in life. I don't know. I don't really even care to know. 

There was obviously no doubt that you were being sarcastic. But you seem to want to escape any countability for what your sarcasm actually implies, which was disagreement with what was being posted. 

Trevor Lawrence has sucked at throwing the ball downfield in his NFL career. Mac Jones probably doesn't have his arm strength, but has in fact been better at putting the ball down field with a mediocre group of WR's. Maybe that's coaching and scheme. Maybe it's something else. It doesn't negate the fact that there are stats we could pull up all day that show Lawrence isn't getting the job done there, and that's what you decided to latch onto with your sarcasm.

So what WAS the point of the sarcasm, if not to disagree with the argument? After several posts, I stopped caring what your point was. Alls I know is that once everyone started to pile on Lawrence after the Broncos game, your sarcasm changed directions.

That was actually pretty comical to me, personally.

10 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I personally don't care. You keep responding to me. The criticism of Lawrence's inability and unwillingjness to throw the ball down field is legitimate.

I'm going to strongly wager that within a week this thread will go real silent. 

He has 12 attempts beyond 20 yards the last two games while *checks notes* throwing to Zay Jones, Marvin Jones and Christian Kirk. 

Has a higher IAY/PA than Patrick Mahomes.