Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just to be clear, is he saying the bar for Lawrence is Patrick Mahomes? Like if he's not playing as well as prime Mahomes, then he's a disappointment?

Because he keeps bringing up Mahomes a lot.

I don’t think he knows what he’s saying. I get that’s apparent to US, but best to articulate that so maybe he might finally understand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The Jags are in the top half of the NFL in pass plays of 20 + yards 😂

Yup, right behind the likes of the ghost of Russell Wilson and Davis Mills. 

Tell me - where does Lawrence rank in 40+ yard completions? You have to scroll to the next page of NFL.com's passing stats to find out...

Do we have to post the actual passing charts and numbers on throws beyond 20+ yards again? 

But this circle jerk is going to break up real quick on Sunday, I suspect.

Edited by CKSteeler

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Tell me - where does Lawrence rank in 40+ yard completions? You have to scroll to the next page of NFL.com's passing stats to find out...

Do we have to post the actual passing charts and numbers on throws beyond 20+ yards again? 

And the Pats with Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe have the 3rd most, with 43. You’re the one that brought it up. Nice stat by you. 😂 Maybe you’re getting the Giants and Jags confused? Idk!

Now you wanna do 40 + yards after bringing up 20? Are 80 + completions next?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Trevor Lawrence and Ryan Tannehill have the same amount of completions of 40 + air yards. Tannehill leads the league with 10 40+ yards completions. Trevor has 2. Once again, YAC matters. Do better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Ladies and germs, I would like to present for this thread's consideration...the eyeball test. When I watch Lawrence I see a very high upside and an eventual perennial top player.

I'm looking for that but can't find it. It is NFL.com, ESPN, or is it a PFF deal? lol

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Trevor Lawrence and Ryan Tannehill have the same amount of completions of 40 + air yards. Tannehill leads the league with 10 40+ yards completions. Trevor has 2. Once again, YAC matters. Do better.

YAC?  Nah, that's crazy talk.  Tanny just has the biggest arm in the league.  Confirmed HOF.

I reserve the right to reverse this opinion when he throws 3 picks in the first round of the playoffs.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's on ESPN but only for 3 hours on Monday.

Well IDK if I can make a commitment for that long so I'll look on here to get posters' opinions or other people's opinions from Twitter. That's the typical chain of expertise to follow.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Lawrence will tame the Lions in their den.

I thought it was the Titans this week. So, maybe the circle jerk can go on for another week. It will end, though. 

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The argument that YAC has nothing to do with QB's is pretty blatantly asinine. And you flip flop between which stats you want to use to make Lawrence look good when it suits you. 

I've already given my opinion of the vaunted "air yards" nonsense. It correlates with nothing. It means next to nothing. But even if you really want to look at air yards, Lawrence was/is one of the worst passers in the league from 20+ yards out. The passing charts and numbers were posted earlier in this thread, but you want to pretend as if you haven't seen them.

Just go back to whining about his WR's sucking.