2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The Trubisky trade rumors are pretty laughable. Who is going to give anything up for him midseason? Unless it's the Bills, which would only maybe happen if Allen suffers a long term injury. I swear these insiders just make things up. 

I think he does move if there’s another starting QB injury. He’s a 1-year commitment and you can at least count on him protecting the ball. If your a team with a good defense you like that. 

Just now, warfelg said:

I think he does move if there’s another starting QB injury. He’s a 1-year commitment and you can at least count on him protecting the ball. If your a team with a good defense you like that. 

I can't imagine another team wanting to bring him in knowing he doesn't know the offense. Would he, in a new spot with a new playbook, be any better than the average backup? 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I can't imagine another team wanting to bring him in knowing he doesn't know the offense. Would he, in a new spot with a new playbook, be any better than the average backup? 

Looking ahead to @August4th's post, Mitch and Tyrod are two sides of the same coin and Tyrod keeps getting work.

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

if the Jones/tyrod injuries were more serous, I could see the giants making a call. they were number 2 in the running to sign him due to the Dabol connection

I think if Jones injury is more serious.  They aren't married to him at all.

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

speaking of QB depth. Kenny the only guy back next yr? with some cap space we could sign a decent vet type to back-up Kenny. Have not had that since signing Batch

They'll need to.  Unless they draft a very late round QB or Kenny busts and looks like a career backup, then they need depth. No one really sticks out other than Case Keenum.  Other than that it's young busts that will be out there.

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Looking ahead to @August4th's post, Mitch and Tyrod are two sides of the same coin and Tyrod keeps getting work.

I think if Jones injury is more serious.  They aren't married to him at all.

They'll need to.  Unless they draft a very late round QB or Kenny busts and looks like a career backup, then they need depth. No one really sticks out other than Case Keenum.  Other than that it's young busts that will be out there.

Teddy Bridgewater is on a 1 year deal with the Fins in pretty much the same situation…he got 1/$6.5 mill from them.

Just a name I noticed.

Just having a little fun go at mock draft simulators for as much as they'll let you do right now:

PFF, 2 rounds, 11th pick: Peter Skoronski T Northwestern RD 1 Pick 11

Brian Branch CB Alabama RD 2 Pick 42

PFF only gives this draft a B- despite those guys being BPA and Needs.

PFN, 7 rounds, 6th pick: Make a trade Pick 6 and Pick 69 out to DET for Pick 11, Pick 25, and 2024 DET 1st; Bryan Bresee DT Clemson RD 1 Pick 11

Make a trade Pick 25 and Pick 201 out to BAL for Pick 26 and Pick 90; Jordan Battle S Alabama RD 1 Pick 26

Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State RD 2 Pick 37

Will McDonald IV EDGE Iowa State RD 3 Pick 90

Kyu Blu Kelly CB Stanford RD 4 Pick 105 

Anfernee Orji LB Vanderbilt RD 7 Pick 215

Fanspeak 7 rounds, 15th pick:  OT Paris Johnson - Ohio State RD 1 Pick 15

EDGE Daiyan Henley - Washington State RD 2 Pick 46

G O'Cyrus Torrence - Florida RD 3 Pick 78

CB Riley Moss - Iowa RD 4 Pick 117

QB Stetson Bennett IV - Georgia RD 7 Pick 230

LB Ventrell Miller - Florida RD 7 Pick 236

11 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Trading Mitch doesn't make much sense from a cap perspective so unless they receive significant draft capital in return (what team would offer that?), I don't see anyway Mitch gets traded.

Huh?  This years cap doesn't really matter at this point but it would save $1mil, and next year $2.625 mil would hit the cap whether we cut him or trade him, but either way it saves us $8mil

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Teddy Bridgewater is on a 1 year deal with the Fins in pretty much the same situation…he got 1/$6.5 mill from them.

Just a name I noticed.

I doubt he moves though.  Tua is out with those concussions and is injury prone.

Just now, August4th said:

I wonder if Mason would be fine with coming back as a back-up QB. We might already have the 2023 back-up on the roster

Who knows with him.  He might feel slighted the way this year has gone and is ready to move on.  Especially if Kenny starts, Mitch still gets a hat, and he (Mason) doesn't.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Huh?  This years cap doesn't really matter at this point but it would save $1mil, and next year $2.625 mil would hit the cap whether we cut him or trade him, but either way it saves us $8mil

I doubt he moves though.  Tua is out with those concussions and is injury prone.

Who knows with him.  He might feel slighted the way this year has gone and is ready to move on.  Especially if Kenny starts, Mitch still gets a hat, and he (Mason) doesn't.

ah, I was under the impression we would take a bigger penalty by trading him this year and we could basically cut him with little to no penalty if we just waited until the offseason. Maybe it's plausible then. It is really difficult to get a QB caught up to speed in the middle of the season so still doubt it happens

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sam Monson from PFF must be furious that the Steelers pass protection ranks that high on his site. 

You can tell he is because there was a comment on a podcast about looking to “normalize” those numbers based on DL quality. IIRC the direct line was “some OL grades are really benefiting from playing weak DLs”, followed by “like who”, then “just look at our preseason rankings and you can come to the conclusion.”

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

You can tell he is because there was a comment on a podcast about looking to “normalize” those numbers based on DL quality. IIRC the direct line was “some OL grades are really benefiting from playing weak DLs”, followed by “like who”, then “just look at our preseason rankings and you can come to the conclusion.”

We've played some quality D-lines too. Obviously not the class of the NFL, but the Bengals, Browns, and Jets have quality D-lines.