Bucs vs Falcons

BucsDraftGeek47

offense is just too inconsistent. Everyone takes turns of looking flat. Brady, OL , WR's and RBs. That lucky phanton defensive holding call on Terrell guarding Evans bailed Brady out of such a horrific throw behind a wide open Godwin. 

That 4th Qtr alone was absolutely putrid. Lenny missing an easy hole inside on 4th and inches to bounce outside right into a Linebacker lol. Despite him having a solid day - What the heck was that? For 250Lbs, he's soft. 

White runs hard. I expect Goedeke and Hainsey to improve. They're raw but have upside. 5 games in. The run defense is still struggling. Hard to evaluate our pass defense. The falcons have literally no weapons. London is a good talent but he's a rookie that's raw with mostly upside that hasn't refined his game. 

Overall - sure we won. But this team looks like it's going to benefit from a down year in the division. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

offense is just too inconsistent. Everyone takes turns of looking flat. Brady, OL , WR's and RBs. That lucky phanton defensive holding call on Terrell guarding Evans bailed Brady out of such a horrific throw behind a wide open Godwin. 

That 4th Qtr alone was absolutely putrid. Lenny missing an easy hole inside on 4th and inches to bounce outside right into a Linebacker lol. Despite him having a solid day - What the heck was that? For 250Lbs, he's soft. 

White runs hard. I expect Goedeke and Hainsey to improve. They're raw but have upside. 5 games in. The run defense is still struggling. Hard to evaluate our pass defense. The falcons have literally no weapons. London is a good talent but he's a rookie that's raw with mostly upside that hasn't refined his game. 

Overall - sure we won. But this team looks like it's going to benefit from a down year in the division. 

Goedeke is terrible. Hall looked very good today though. and i agree with you on lenny he has bad vision

47 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Little soon to give up on a kid from Central Michigan 5 games in. Glad we didn't do that to Marpet or Cappa lol. 

Marpet was good from day 1

Cappa was a late third so I had patience. Bucs spent all off season this dude was so nasty and tough and hyping em up. Fans are expecting results when you do that. And hes playing guard which is usually plug n play. I can see why Stinnie was starting . Not giving up on him but thru 5 I dont see much improvement. Not calling him a bust but as of today he is the weakest link.

Edited by indifference

20 hours ago, indifference said:

Marpet was good from day 1

Cappa was a late third so I had patience. Bucs spent all off season this dude was so nasty and tough and hyping em up. Fans are expecting results when you do that. And hes playing guard which is usually plug n play. I can see why Stinnie was starting . Not giving up on him but thru 5 I dont see much improvement. Not calling him a bust but as of today he is the weakest link.

I mean they said the same about Vea and he looked weak the first qtr to half of his rookie year. He turned out fine. lol 

2 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Those 4th quarter drives that took like a combined 1:30 off the clock should be grounds to fire Leftwich alone, let alone all the other nonsense. 

Maybe BA was better than we thought, because while there were coaching blunders under him, this year has been one after another. 

Maybe- but I do agree that BA's philosophy was too aggressive. Agree Leftwich is horrible and BA's approach and style is much better than what we're seeing. But Brady does have more input with Leftwich than he did with BA and in the end I think that's why Brady unretired. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I can't honestly say theres one team that stands out in the NFC. Even the eagles being 5-0 , I still have concerns around Hurts as a passer to go the distance in the NFC. 

Not sold on them either. They off to a hot start but they’ll cool down. Think they will win the east and win 12 games or so.

15 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Those 4th quarter drives that took like a combined 1:30 off the clock should be grounds to fire Leftwich alone, let alone all the other nonsense. 

Maybe BA was better than we thought, because while there were coaching blunders under him, this year has been one after another. 

Been saying it

Leftwich just isn't a good coach 

Really wish he would hv left for Jax

But even with BA , alot of his concepts are too vertical and require having a stud OLine. We need a new school offense when ae get a new QB next year. I want to see some Mike shanahan/Mike McDaniels style stuff.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Been saying it

Leftwich just isn't a good coach 

Really wish he would hv left for Jax

But even with BA , alot of his concepts are too vertical and require having a stud OLine. We need a new school offense when ae get a new QB next year. I want to see some Mike shanahan/Mike McDaniels style stuff.

Well, i thought Brady wanted more say into the offense and his relationship with Leftwich got him more input in scheme and route concepts to gear more to what was ran in new england. If thats the case - maybe the entire team isn't fully adapted to the adjustments bc we're not running all that heavy vertical offense like we did with BA in charge. 

I do think an issue is the raw and inexperienced starters at LG and Center are weighing in. But i've seen some film- they are opening up some holes in the ground game. Lenny's vision sucks lol. I want to see White get more touches outside of being featured as a receiver. More reps running the rock and making the correct cut when he's gotten his opportunity to do so. 

Also, don't start getting all hyped on McDaniels just yet. It's 5 games lol. And let's also not boost Shanny either. He can't win squat unless Jimmy GQ is running that offense, where some believe Shanny is holding him back. 

On 10/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

Well, i thought Brady wanted more say into the offense and his relationship with Leftwich got him more input in scheme and route concepts to gear more to what was ran in new england. If thats the case - maybe the entire team isn't fully adapted to the adjustments bc we're not running all that heavy vertical offense like we did with BA in charge. 

I do think an issue is the raw and inexperienced starters at LG and Center are weighing in. But i've seen some film- they are opening up some holes in the ground game. Lenny's vision sucks lol. I want to see White get more touches outside of being featured as a receiver. More reps running the rock and making the correct cut when he's gotten his opportunity to do so. 

Also, don't start getting all hyped on McDaniels just yet. It's 5 games lol. And let's also not boost Shanny either. He can't win squat unless Jimmy GQ is running that offense, where some believe Shanny is holding him back. 

I'm just talking about wr route design when I refer to McDaniels and Shanny. Our route concepts take a million years to develop,  which require our line to hold up for longer. Either that or we run wr screens designed back in the 70s.  It's just wild to me that we have such dynamic wrs and somehow our offense is quite literally taking them out of the game by our own hand.