State of the Steelers

warfelg

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Fantastic at teaching Pickens how to be a bad NFL WR? 

I hope you are being sarcastic.  Robinson was a top 10 WR at one point and turned himself into a good crisp route runner.  Just because he’s not physically what he once was, I think there was a lot of extra going on last year, but he’s going to be a good mentor.

32 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I like this.  Robinson is a fantastic mentor for Pickens, a great safety blanket for Pickett, and doesn’t force us to take a WR in this draft.

but if BFW, Wilson or even Mingo are there mid rounds, why not?

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think that's too much draft capital spent on the interior OL. Tippmann and Avila are redundant. 

this would be if they trade down a bit and get more picks as I have done in mocks. It also makes sure there is never a drop off at all if the center or OG  gets hurt. Interior is bulletproof 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I hope you are being sarcastic.  Robinson was a top 10 WR at one point and turned himself into a good crisp route runner.  Just because he’s not physically what he once was, I think there was a lot of extra going on last year, but he’s going to be a good mentor.

I'm not. I've never been a fan of Robinson. I think his big years came from being the only option on truly dreadful offenses, and that was still only 3 years. I think he was way overhyped coming out, and he's really not proven himself to be anything more than average. I don't think he's the worst WR in the NFL, but I definitely don't think he's even in the "good" category. I'd be pretty upset if we gave much at all to get him. 

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

whats everyone here expecting the compensation for the is trade to be?

Is A-Rob here for 3 years and whats the cap hit for each season?

Depends on how much the rams are eating in salary.

None of his 2024 or 25 salaries are guaranteed.

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

Do we still sign Peterson and trade for Robinson if colbert was still in the charge? really is a new era here. Can't wait to see how this new approach impacts the draft

nope

instead we keep Edmunds,  Sutton and overpay both.

Then we also don't sign Seumalo and Herbig since the OL got better as the season went on.

ILB  would have 1 new player, not 2. 

Of course they keep bush as well

Harvin would not have competition either

I like the new regime much more so far. Still thought mitch should be traded/cut since he is a hostage as tomlin calls them.  Then of course there is canada, but his in season replacement is already here ready to go

Edited by 3rivers

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sounds about right 

edit - I did not mean to include that random comment in the link

thanks for the details, seems like a decent trade. Still want them to draft a WR  though, even if they keep dionte.