State of the Steelers

warfelg

40 minutes ago, August4th said:

Omar strikes again. Ideal EDGE3 behind Watt and Highsmith. Allows Herbig’s development to not be rushed (or for his development to be at ILB) and Leal to focus on being a full time D Lineman. 11 sacks and 4 FF in 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Houston would have been the preferred pick, but Golden should be good too. Houston could  be a few years from now if he will accept part time work.  Golden had a good 2021, see how 23' goes

A few years?? Houston is 34 right now are you still going to be clamoring for Houston on here when he’s 37 years old…?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

A few years?? Houston is 34 right now are you still going to be clamoring for Houston on here when he’s 37 years old…?

You forget @3rivers obsession with Houston…

(I mean that in the nicest way possible)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFF said:

You forget @3rivers obsession with Houston…

(I mean that in the nicest way possible)

Yannick (too expensive but really good  passrusher, not good vs run

Clark - expensive and seems to only show up in the playoffs 

Houston - old but still effective and should be  lowest cap value, but probably wants to start

Golden - good alternate that has low cap value. Good signing. 

KVN - versatile inside or out

Getting a rotational passrusher thats good isn't easy. Last year proved the importance of this. 

The part about Houston is he could mentor  as well since he is so old and knows various pass rushes.  Anyways, he ain't singing with us, so lets get ready for the 23 season with the roster  we have.  I still expect them to try to sing a coverage ILB still.

2 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Would i love to see Hopkins in a Steeler jersey? God yes? Any chance it happens? Not remotely.

do we even have the cap space to consider this? I lost track of where we are at, but the mitch deal probably gets in the way.  Hopkins, Pickens, Johnson, A-Rob, Austin, Muth and Darnell. I think that should be enough. May as well as Bell for RB3 while yer at it seeing his contract won't be holdout worthy as it once was. 

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

do we even have the cap space to consider this? I lost track of where we are at, but the mitch deal probably gets in the way.  Hopkins, Pickens, Johnson, A-Rob, Austin, Muth and Darnell. I think that should be enough. May as well as Bell for RB3 while yer at it seeing his contract won't be holdout worthy as it once was. 

Im sure we could find the money but it would probably leave us in an umcomfortable cap situation.